Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta

Dex-chan lover
Well it's over now. With the age of the characters, it was good in passing off a realistic vibe and story, but also low-key boring at times. For similar aged characters, Takagi-san does the comedy better and has a better emotional payoff and Dangers in My Heart offers more over-the-top escapism for those wanting a self-insert false nostalgia. Himeno-chan is also pretty great at this middle school level if you want to "root for" the relationship.

What makes this series merely a 7.0 for me is the lack of dramatic tension. There was no sense of anything significant keeping the main couple apart, whether it be one party's confidence or unawareness, or fate or other obstacles. And it therefore lacked much of the build-up and payoff you tend to expect in romance series. The reason most romance series end when the romance culminates is because the dramatic tension that sustains them is gone. Here, the last 3rd of the manga gave off a very slice-of-life vibe for that reason. It's like they have already been a couple for years with the slow release schedule and you are reading because of a sunk investment rather than because you're expecting a great arc or chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe you haven't read much manga. The art is definitely less than an 8. The story is ok but isn't any better. At 9.3+, to see this rated on par with Insomniacs After School or ReLife is a joke.

In the 9.1 range, we have Taisho Maiden Fairytale and Takagi-san, both of which destroy this in every way.

Even as a sweet feel good series go, this is a lot worse than Ninja Shinobu-san no Junjou or Kimi no Okaasan (8.5-8.6).

I don't get why people think this is some kind of masterpiece. The excessive focus on the main couple must really bring out the ardent shippers.

Like I said, this is low 7 at best.

This manga is so beautiful! Cuteness overloaded, it's totally different from other romcoms! It's literally in its own world like how tonikawa is. Ahead and unique! Really love it! ♥️ I really wish more romcoms like this comes out! Thank you Fujichika sensei for this manga!

If you expect over-the-top drama, overly complicated plots, harem, conflict of love interests, or tons of fan services, please look elsewhere in so many other romcom manga with overused troupes.

I have read tons of manga for decades in different genres and I wholeheartedly say that Sukimega is one among my top tier of romance manga.
It's like the sweetest and fluffiest cake you can find. You can taste the softness and warmness in almost every chapter.
Don't expect spiciness because it's not written to give.

Some younger readers may expect more drama, more action. But for a lot of people, especially those with a lot of life experiences, they sometimes just want something to warm their tired hearts.

It's light-hearted, relatable and nostalgic slice of life that you don't find often in other romance manga.

Last edited:
[resumo = "mangá"]6d6d9fda-5cd3-40ac-948b-776b1a1a0eb1[/resumo]
Onde está o pessoal de 2024?
2018 a obra só estava iniciando!
E entendo as críticas ruins
Mas olha agr até aonde ela foi!
Chegou ao seu final!
E foi uma obra q não me arrependo nadinha de ter visto desde o começo!

A beautiful story, filled with just the right amount of innocence. Like Takagi-san, Ayumu, Nagatoro and Toradora, this manga and anime have shown that the journey is just as important as the destination. Thank you for inviting us along.

Dex-chan lover
Goodbye SukiMega, every chapter made me smile and uncontrollably, and occasionally even kick my feet a little while screaming into a pillow like a little girl :glee:

10/10, could never ask for anything better.

Dex-chan lover
Cute story
Cute character story line
Cute fmc
Cute mc
No bad characters
super wholesome
everyone looks good
No serious dramas.
This manga is seriously very good

Well here's my take on this manga, it's a masterpiece ONLY if it matches your taste in rom-coms.

Personally one my very first and favorite manga of all time, the characters were super cute, the interactions between them felt somewhat real. The ending was OK. I would rate this manga a 10/10

Tbh I am waiting for a spinoff for azuma's confession or aftermath of komura and mei(high school arc or later down thier life together).

It's pretty good I like it. I just think it has the same problem with Kubo san with just some npc ass dialogue. Still good though.

masterpiece, enough to cure a grown ass man hearth 10/10, wish author made a continuation for their high school life

Supporter
cute, innocent and pure from start to finish, what a joy of a manga, sometimes komura self doubt and self deprecation felt a little annoying, but in his own words, it were those doubts that in the long run drove him to the instrospection necesary to realize he wanted to be with mie forever, not only a passing interest, but a blosoming love. And mie's moments of doubt, of shame even, about being a burden to others due to her poor eyesight, those momenets manage to add a little deep to an otherwise wholesome and cute history. I really like it, i give it a 7 out of 10

I just found this after checking out the mangaka's other works, then thought, "Isn't this an anime?". Turns out it is. So, real question: Should I watch the anime, and what chapter does it end on if I do?

Fed-Kun's army
This is maybe my favorite manga of all time. The character building and story progression are all done so well, watching the slow build up in Kaede's confidence is so satisfying, and the story leading up to the big confession scene is laid out so well. It really feels like you know the characters, even the side characters like Azuma, Tooyama, Asuka, Yasaka, hell, even Hibucchi and Someya. It's really a fantastic story and I love it dearly

Users who are viewing this thread