Gendered Crossdressing tags [Rejected]

Fed-Kun's army
It would be very useful to have separate Crossdressing tags specifying whether the crossdressing content is a male crossdressing as female (josou), or a female crossdressing as a male (dansou), as these typically appeal to very different interests.

Suggesting this partially out of personal interest, as dansou is something I actively look for, while josou is something I would like to exclude.

Upvote 0
Double-page supporter
Danbooru, Pixiv (if you only include the original ones), Yandere, Gelbooru etc all have non-gendered crossdressing tags.
Only exception is Hitomi and I'm not sure why they do that. Almost every tag there is gendered.

Searching for two tags, like the demographic+[tag] would be better in my opinion.

Double-page supporter
Demographic doesn't help, with the amount of dudes that fetishize dressing like girls.
A crossdressing manga for women wouldn't be that popular outside of japan, right? Or is there a huge crowd of Fujoshi on west that I forgot about?

Fed-Kun's army
A crossdressing manga for women wouldn't be that popular outside of japan, right? Or is there a huge crowd of Fujoshi on west that I forgot about?
It's not about for, it's about which gender is dressing up as which. It's just different kinds of dudes preferring traps over reverse traps.

Group Leader
I don't see this happening. Before the site went down they had decided to merge the Shounen Ai/Yaoi and Shoujo Ai/Yuri tags because they basically deal with the same thing, just one is more physical than the other. It's going to be the same with the Crossdressing tag, why separate it when it covers both types so easily.

Hopefully my example made sense.

Double-page supporter
It's not about for, it's about which gender is dressing up as which. It's just different kinds of dudes preferring traps over reverse traps.
That's up to the user/reader. You get your crossdressing tags on Danbooru and you gotta decide if the drawing is of a dude in a dress or a woman in a male dress.

Same goes for this site I guess? You just read the description to see what sort of crossdressing you're dealing with.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't see this happening. Before the site went down they had decided to merge the Shounen Ai/Yaoi and Shoujo Ai/Yuri tags because they basically deal with the same thing, just one is more physical than the other. It's going to be the same with the Crossdressing tag, why separate it when it covers both types so easily.

Hopefully my example made sense.
It'd be more like the separation between Yaoi and Yuri, rather than having a single Gay tag.

People who enjoy reverse traps generally do not enjoy traps, and vice versa.

Dex-chan lover
...I agree with the staff's pov as stated in their decision to reject male/female protagonist tag: It spoils the fun of reading and finding out, and I believe it is also applicable here. Given your response, this tag would probably steer close to, or overlap with, with either fujo or bl; MD search engine allows searching for manga with such multiple tags: +Crossdressing (Theme), +Gl or +BL (Genre).

Fed-Kun's army
Given your response, this tag would probably steer close to, or overlap with, with either fujo or bl; MD search engine allows searching for manga with such multiple tags: +Crossdressing (Theme), +Gl or +BL (Genre).
Not really. Both traps and reverse traps are plenty represented in straight romance, for which filtering by neither of those genres does anything to help find or filter the desired direction of crossdressing.

Dex-chan lover
Not really. Both traps and reverse traps are plenty represented in straight romance, for which filtering by neither of those genres does anything to help find or filter the desired direction of crossdressing.
Welp, falls under the spoilery part, then. Given the details in a previous post, and your own, erm, "personal interest", your best bet would probably be to check out Hitomi before checking here.

Users who are viewing this thread