[Tag Suggestion] Power Fantasy Theme/Content Tag

Dex-chan lover
I don't mean in the general sense that most manga/manhua encompass, I mean when the hero is nigh unstoppable and walks over every villain and obstacle he comes across because he happened to breath an extra breath that day. I mean where the MC is fully aware of the power difference and still seeks greater power. That's the kind of hero I mean.

I'm talking about that "Waking up is my power up" hero.

That "Rise & Shine your butt is mine" hero.

That "Enjoying lunchtime in the middle of a battle" hero.

That "I became a mountain in a single moment" hero.

That "Fighting for my friends only because they're at work" hero.

That "I can't get depressed because I've never been brought down" hero.

That "I when I turn around everybody hit the ground" hero.

That "Straight men ask me for sex just so they can say they did something great" hero.

...Y'kno what I mean?

Not a big reason, sometimes a homie just wants to build a list to read when he doesn't wanna think. Sometimes you just wanna see every baddie in the series get stomped from beginning to end. Small request (hopefully).

Upvote 2
Double-page supporter
Isn't Shounen+Action for this?

I mean every "That ..." is generic shounen+action scenario. Why do you need more tags?

Edit: There's also Superhero tag.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

I mean every "That ..." is generic shounen+action scenario. Why do you need more tags?

That's pretty wrong.
Shounen, Action, Superhero still can be tags of stories about characters who are definetly on the bottom and not false underdogs.
A proper Power Fantasy tag really has it's merits, though I would argue it would need a strict definition to qualify as such.

Dex-chan lover

I mean, in those tags are included every kind of hero archetype under the sun. If I'm explicitly looking for a hero whose whole thing is being aware of the awesome power he has, even more so trying to pursue more of it then stuff like Moto Shogun Undead Knight or The Player Who Can't Level Up, Or Lone Spellcaster where the main character being busted IS the core of the plot and the in-universe plot is more like background dressing, will get buried underneath everything else.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread