Teisou Gyakuten Sekai no Doutei Henkyou Ryoushu Kishi - Ch. 8 - Big Gamble

Dex-chan lover
Few things regarding some of the comments. It was addressed near the beginning that Faust was trained by one of the best warriors in the entire kingdom in a secluded land known for its warriors who, thanks to him being an isekai protagonist, was unaware that this was strange. Even his mother told him that people would look at him strange before she passed away from illness, not defeat in combat.

Thus when he went into his first battle as a hulking man capable of wielding a massive blade people were shocked to see him and between the cockiness of female soldiers and his own abilities, he's a walking meat-grinder. It was stated that he nearly died to one opponent but that feat earned him his current rank alone.

Plus it doesn't help that this group they are attacking had their unit commander sniped immediately after she gave an order and at that point Faust had already cleaved through the first wave of enemies, who likely didn't see him as too much of a threat thanks to the reversed gender-norms of the world. It'd be like a bunch of male bandits/raiders taunting a big-breasted female knight about how they can't wait to hear her scream as the girl ends up ripping their unit apart and making everyone panic.

I forget what study/philosophy it says off-hand but I believe it has also been seen that all it takes is 25% casualty rate to send an enemy into retreat and considering these are mostly bandits in poor gear with even worse morale, this is going south fast for the enemy force.

Edit: Then again, since most of these women likely know that even if they were to try and surrender they will just get executed anyways, most will probably fight even if it is hopeless.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
that Faust got the upper hand 1vXX doesn't faze me. But the fact he was able to fend off CROSSBOW arrows... My guy could have ended this whole campaign alone. In Clash of Clans, he would be like a Barbarian King paired with 64 goblins.

Dex-chan lover
I forget what study/philosophy it says off-hand but I believe it has also been seen that all it takes is 25% casualty rate to send an enemy into retreat and considering these are mostly bandits in poor gear with even worse morale, this is going south fast for the enemy force.
I just want to say that 25% casualty rate is NOT insignificant - that's 1 in every 4 fighters. In a battle / skirmish involving dozens of people on each side, that's already high enough to leave what is described in literary terms as a "carpet of bodies", albeit in a localized area. 20-30% was common for a high-casualty battle in ancient times, though it could range as low as 10% (retreated in good order and the victorious side did not press their attack), or up to a complete wipe (encircled and fighting to the last man).

Mind you, casualty only technically means "out of the fight", so this refers to the dead and disabled both.

Dex-chan lover
Wanna be Guts needs to use splash wave VFX, because his discount Dragon Slayer is not as long not as thick :dogkek:
Could be worse.
ID2Okdm.jpg

Dex-chan lover
This is like playing Total Warhammer campaign. Charge in the unkillable character unit and let the missile units kill everything. Only thing we are lacking are a caster with vortex spell spam.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Finally we get to see Faust in action and not just some flashbacks of how he was in past campaigns.
Him wielding and slashing multiple foes with his slightly bigger Zweihander (google how this looks like in our world) really gives him the Guts (from Berserk) vibe, well I am guessing the character design for him might be based on Guts after all.
Looking forward to the continuation.

Dex-chan lover
every work ever when they have guy with big sword "omg guys its berserk"
It is THAT much of a big influence. Without Guts, we wouldn’t have the “big sword OP” trope, and zweihanders will remain in a more niche/historical setting than now. Every single badass (especially male) chara with a big sword (yes this includes Cloud Strife) has been based/inspired by Guts.

Dex-chan lover
Its honestly one amazing strat that only work because our main male lead is almost literally budget Guts dropped in a political gender reversal setting.

He is the walking scarecrow slathered with honey bait and a stick in the shape of a big lump of iron. Complimented with Sabine's psyops and his aide's spotting, he's literally unstoppable budget Lu Bu in early DW stage......at least for just random red shirts.

After this tho, is the real test.

Dex-chan lover
Its honestly one amazing strat that only work because our main male lead is almost literally budget Guts dropped in a political gender reversal setting.

He is the walking scarecrow slathered with honey bait and a stick in the shape of a big lump of iron. Complimented with Sabine's psyops and his aide's spotting, he's literally unstoppable budget Lu Bu in early DW stage......at least for just random red shirts.

After he chopped through a volley of crossbow bolts, I'm not sure he's much of a discount. That's pretty on-par with Golden Age Guts. And he's about to kill 122

Dex-chan lover

yeah as amazing as this scene is, they were just some rando bandits/rebel/idk, can't wait for him to fight an actual knight. The artist really pulled a lot of weight in the manga, can't wait for more of the gruesome scenes.

Double-page supporter
poor random bandit girl literally trampled by the horse lol

can we just talk about Helga freaking coordination?
counting more than a hundred people and categorizing them, spotting the commander, directing crossbow...

Users who are viewing this thread