Tengoku Daimakyou - Vol. 9 Ch. 53 - Sakota Teruhiko

What about Mimihime's premonition in earlier chapters that Tokio will meet someone with the same face as hers?

Dex-chan lover
What about Mimihime's premonition in earlier chapters that Tokio will meet someone with the same face as hers?
I mean Maru may still end meeting Tokio in the process of finding his “twin”, especially if Maru is the the twin that Tokio didn’t get to keep (I imagine Maru and his sibling both take after Tokio more in looks than Kona). Perhaps Tokio and the baby she kept are still living together as mother and son in 2039.
While we know Michika, Ohma, Kuku, and Sawatari/Doc get off the Academy island and to the mainland later on, we still don’t know how that happened and what happened Tokio, Kona, and their baby in the process.

Aggregator gang
I'm not sure if Kona became the Man-Eater that ate half of Haruki. In chapter 34 Mimihime see's what Kona's Man-Eater looks like and while they have similar carapaces the faces are pretty different.
0034-010.png

0009-009.png

Taka might have become the bird-like Man-Eater from the very first chapters, since they both have similar hard-to-see one-directional slashing abilities (and Taka’s name means Hawk in Japanese).

Also don't forget that Tokio's child got cloned (and Doc/Sawatari potentially got them mixed up), so we don't know if Maru is the baby that Tokio was able to keep or if he's the cloned one or not. But we can likely say his mission from Mikura/the Director is likely to find his "twin" and not necessarily Tokio like we were initially led to believe.
The man-eater that ate Haruki might be Ohma based on the pupil marking and invisibility mirroring her ability to do illusions

Dex-chan lover
Kiruko's sister being murdered definitely deepens the mystery. Glad the doctor wasn't evil.

Dex-chan lover
The man-eater that ate Haruki might be Ohma based on the pupil marking and invisibility mirroring her ability to do illusions
We actually already almost certainly know which Man-Eater Ohma became, she most likely became the one Kiruko and Maru encountered (in chapter 19) in the parking garage basement of the building Dr. Usami (aka grown-up Shiro) had been living in. The pupil marking of that one was actually identical to Ohma's and had the same ability as Ohma's of casting terrifying illusions.
0019-022.png

0048-016.png

Kiruko's sister being murdered definitely deepens the mystery. Glad the doctor wasn't evil.
Well since chapter 46, where it was revealed that Sawatari ends up becoming the Doctor, it was pretty likely that the Doctor wasn't going to be an evil guy (at least not beyond his past sins of previously collaborating with the Director).

@Theozilla I thought that Maru clone was that soldier that called Tokio his mother and then died
What Maru clone? The soldiers that that sabotaged the rest of the world's counter-measures against the Nibiru asteroid from hitting Earth had nothing to with Tokio’s child or Maru; those soldiers were the "babies" that Kuku showed Tokio in the early chapters, and one of them imprinted on Tokio.
0046-027.png

Maru is either the baby that Tokio gave birth to or the clone of it. But Sawatari got the original and the clone mixed up in chapter 36 due to the attack on the Takahara Academy, so we don't know which one Tokio kept and which one the assistant Director Aoshima/Imanaga took with her.
0046-010.png

0036-012.png

Last edited:
Group Leader
This is one of the most confusing pieces of media I've ever consumed.

Hopefully the anime makes it clearer when we're jumping between future and past.

Still, a lovely story.

Also, the ship is still sailing strong!

I just read this all after seeing the first two episodes of the anime. It took me so long to see all the connections between the past and present storylines. I'm so thankful to these commenters here for pointing out things that I didn't even notice

Dex-chan lover
This is one of the most confusing pieces of media I've ever consumed.

Hopefully the anime makes it clearer when we're jumping between future and past.

Still, a lovely story.

Also, the ship is still sailing strong!
I mean initially at least the series is intentionally misleading the audience in thinking that the two plot-narratives take place during the same period of time. We're not supposed to seriously realize that the school plot-line takes place in the past until the 30s chapters.

Here's a chart of the cast over the years if anyone needs a refresher and/or is confused.
Heavenly_Delusion_character_chart_02_updated_53.png

Heavenly_Delusion_character_chart_01_updated_ch53.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Pretty interesting analysis, thanks to the commenters. I guess this manga will deserve one or more reread, a good reason to buy it.
Thanks a lot to the translators by the way.

I mean initially at least the series is intentionally misleading the audience in thinking that the two plot-narratives take place during the same period of time. We're not supposed to seriously realize that the school plot-line takes place in the past until the 30s chapters.

Here's a chart of the cast over the years if anyone needs a refresher and/or is confused.

Incredible that some of these I hadn't even clued in to. Thank you for this! With all these connections, it's clear that Ishiguro has been meticulous with his planning.

Fed-Kun's army
Was happy that they finally answered the stuff with the doctor now they made another mystery out of it lol. Who's her real killer.

Dex-chan lover
Was happy that they finally answered the stuff with the doctor now they made another mystery out of it lol. Who's her real killer.
Considering the expression that Robin Inazaki made when he saw Kiruko at the end of chapter 31, he’s reasonably the prime suspect for now. It’s also not impossible that it was a accidental shot, like someone was shooting at the tardigrade-looking Man-Eater but a stray bullet hit Kiriko in the back of her head.

Fed-Kun's army
Considering the expression that Robin Inazaki made when he saw Kiruko at the end of chapter 31, he’s reasonably the prime suspect for now. It’s also not impossible that it was a accidental shot, like someone was shooting at the tardigrade-looking Man-Eater but a stray bullet hit Kiriko in the back of her head.
yeah I still think there are more things up with Robin, he's either the one who did it or knows who did it

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army

bruuhhh, why didn't I noticed that Sawatari is the Doc

Fed-Kun's army

Do you know anything about Helm? About her being "someone we know"'s kid? I must have missed something about her

b300141-R5OSgjrJRnBB.png

Dex-chan lover
Do you know anything about Helm? About her being "someone we know"'s kid? I must have missed something about her

b300141-R5OSgjrJRnBB.png
As far as as I (and others) have been able to tell, no, she's not connected to any past 2024 era-character.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread