Tensei Kenja no Isekai Life ~Daini no Shokugyou wo Ete, Sekai Saikyou ni Narimashita~ - Vol. 19 Ch. 55.3

MD@Home
And that's why in many manga they tell you to not blindly relay on your skills.

Dex-chan lover
Mandatory destruction of examination/practice grounds....check! ;)

Next scene: Examinator, having just dodged that blast: "Damn it. I did tell the planning desk to use the senior-jear practice grounds for this one. But did they listen? Noooo.. "It'll be all right", they said. "That island pass just says he barely qualifies.", they said.. And who is going to have to clean up this mess, huh? "

Dex-chan lover
This story is pure every isekai anime trope ever.
That's the whole point of this manga. It's to drive those tropes to the extreme. And it's doing a pretty well job doing so, while still staying entertaining. Those typical isekai situations, that are happening all the time, and eat up time, they look like a hinderence to overcome, but in truth we can count on MC to overcome them and ace them all in the most ridicules way. Just look at all those cool (Chūnibyō-like) characters, organisations and monsters and none of them stand the trial of Yuji. I, for my part, do really like MC's personallity. Isekai at its best: As a form of parody.

Dex-chan lover
His stance might look weird... his stance shouldn't be considered too unorthodox...
It isn't in real swordfighting if you're up against a purely defensive/reactive fighter.
And it is an intermediate form you go through in some classic forms if you're brute-forcing things. Especially when you wear proper armor.

It isn't a form you ordinarily start out with, though. Too many things that can go Wrong if the opponent is faster than you..

Dex-chan lover
this manga is generally mid, the story is mid but HOLY FUCK IS THE ART GOOD

Dex-chan lover
Well shit, I was about to complain about the .2 cliffhanger but that .3 ending was worth it. Hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
No, it's not the story that's the problem.... it's the trope. Like, why are authors so ashamed of OP MCs??? Why do they have to make their MCs so unnaturally stupid that they never realize that they are over powered beasts???

Like, he defeated a being that could destroy continents and STILL looks down on himself....

Maybe it's for the readers who feel worthless and wish that they were just dumb and that they are actually doing more amazing than they think or something???
My dude, you're missing something incredibly important. The MC can ONLY EVER be as smart as the author. This is fact. Gun nut MC who knows every single (almost always Russian for some reason) firearm? The author is a gun nut who loves Russian firearms. MC who likes to exposition-vomit some hardcore politics all over a relatively peaceful isekai fantasy? The author loves politics.

The reason there are so many stupid, self-centered, harem-wishing, sadface, depressed, shamecuck MCs is because there are just as many stupid, self-centered, harem-wishing, sadface, depressed, shamecuck authors.

Dex-chan lover
Oh so you want to see an attack with more power? Ok, wait a sec...Oh dear, seems you'll be needing a new arena.

Dex-chan lover
My dude, you're missing something incredibly important. The MC can ONLY EVER be as smart as the author. This is fact. Gun nut MC who knows every single (almost always Russian for some reason) firearm? The author is a gun nut who loves Russian firearms. MC who likes to exposition-vomit some hardcore politics all over a relatively peaceful isekai fantasy? The author loves politics.

The reason there are so many stupid, self-centered, harem-wishing, sadface, depressed, shamecuck MCs is because there are just as many stupid, self-centered, harem-wishing, sadface, depressed, shamecuck authors.
I don't care about the harem... or the self centered ness...

What I hate is how badly it can be done. Like, if there is a good well written relationship with great chemistry, then adding the harem feels stupid.

Or in this case. MC is clearly an OP god amongst men... yet author is deciding that for no reason at all, he can't understand that.

Dex-chan lover
So u want my Full power
Here we go (⁠ノ⁠≧⁠∇⁠≦⁠)⁠ノ⁠ ⁠ミ⁠ ⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :meguu:
Ujzxnrz.gif

He asked for max power so he cant complain now :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Reader: Hey Academy, don't you dare complain to MC about he using magic since you put him to him in warrior exam when he ask to be put in the magic exam in the first place

Dex-chan lover
a veteran of the island should be counted as someone who you should be aware of, NOT belittling them. even if it's "fake", a veteran is a veteran, the standard is already higher than ordinary person
why do they keep embarassing themself like that??

Dex-chan lover
His stance might look weird, but as a Genshin player, it reminds me of Diluc stance in his cover art (used to wind up his burst aka ultimate move).

That coupled with the way Yuuji cut down all those trees in one stroke in ch 12, his stance shouldn't be considered too unorthodox, if magic swordsmanship is a thing in this isekai, because who's to say your opponent can't slash beyond the range of his physical weapon?
The baseball stance could probably pass off as a zornhut, which is a real martial arts stance. It's meant to deliver a powerful cut.

The second stance looks like a one-handed mittelhut; not like the pinch grip on the blade could amount to anything. I'm not too familiar with one-handed and messer stances.

As to how would this seem "unorthodox", it's probably just the lack of knowledge the authors have (ie a batting stance can pass off as a legitimate two-handed sword stance).

Users who are viewing this thread