Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta ~Ibara no Dragon Road~ - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Been a long while since I read this part of the novel, but I don't remember a commentary by the voice of god.

A bit further in is where I stopped though. Not a fan of this part of the story, because of the hero.

Dex-chan lover
Its been so long and he hasn't progressed at all. Ball rabbit takes it more seriously than this guy

Dex-chan lover
Voice of God is a mouthful so I'll stick to calling him D's brother for now

Dex-chan lover
Genuinely the biggest holding the story back is "god", i.e: the author self-imposing himself into the story, forcing the MC to choose shitty picks just cuz "it's fun."

Last edited:
Supporter
I wish lol. It'll totally get axed before being anywhere close to the end, just like every other isekai manga that isn't super popular like Slime or Mushoku.
I dunno about that, the fact that it has an official English localization already implies to me that it's at least doing well enough to keep going.

Dex-chan lover
It's crazy to think the manga adaptation started half a decade ago, this is around where I stopped reading the novel myself... I should get back to finishing that.

Thanks for the chapter.
If you stopped here in the novel, you will probably enjoy what is to come. A lot more world building and new characters will be introduced. It's a good read in my opinion. To me the spot we are at in this manga, is kinda comparable to early Alabasta in one piece. This arc is where the series finds its footing, and subsequent arcs build more directly on top of each other.

I am just a bit behind myself(just backlogged in catching up on series after having multiple trips in succession), but I am not too far behind current translation.

That said there are minor differences in this manga, where some concepts are being introduced earlier. To use Pupil of the Wiseman as an analogy, the manga has MC meeting other Wiseman directly in brief appearances way earlier than WN. Like I think manga had mc meet soul howl briefly like in the first arc or 2, where it only now has occurred in WN translation.

Or in this case watching god appearance/personality/motives is shown earlier, where novel is more implied existence through the system/interactions with characters. For example the audience doesn't learn of the god watching hero in addition to MC dragon, until the aftermath of this arc(and again, god existence is more vague in our understanding compared to manga).

Judging the favorable reactions here to the minor change, it seems to have been well worth it. Especially as it isn't actually changing the story much, just giving the audience a little more context.

I can't wait for partner to be introduced in this manga. That character really makes things so much more entertaining.

Hopefully the glacial pace improves though. If this is 5 years worth of chapters, unless the manga speedruns things I might have grandkids by the time the manga ends. And I don't have kids yet either.

Dex-chan lover
Well whaddayaknow...

Minacious is actually a word.. who knew...

Dex-chan lover
It's crazy to think the manga adaptation started half a decade ago, this is around where I stopped reading the novel myself... I should get back to finishing that.

Thanks for the chapter.
Yeah, I stopped around here too long ago.
I just don't remember any "God" interfering and doing all this in the background though. I wonder if this was added on later on in the light novel instead to copy mushoku tensei. The web novel certainly didn't have it if I can remember.

Users who are viewing this thread