Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - Dream

Dex-chan lover
Finally folks, undead namek arc has ended
Have to say it wore itself too long that I feel nothing that shota spirit dies, ntm there's little impact to overall story (black soul thingy is kinda forced)

Dex-chan lover
@Arcara
ngl, if you thought this was the Namek arc I have bad news for you on that front. The real Namek arc is still a while away yet. It will begin shortly after Fran (only a very minor spoiler):
finds and visits the current hometown of the Black Catkin.

Dex-chan lover
Ah right,
10 origin tribes refer to top 10 beastman evolution...
thanks for the info and reminder🙂
Sorry to bother you again,
@simplethrone
@KaedeKyl9
@alidan
what i mean to ask is
the 5 legendary tribes which consist of high elf, elder dwarf, devil(?), heavenly(?) dragon, and divin beast.
Do fran and master obtain info about it? I stop reading around from
fran's after battle with high elf headmaster
since the raws after that is a mess to be go*gle translated😅

Dex-chan lover
I really liked this arc, but I can understand the frustrations of other people since this took a while to complete.
Maybe down the line if we're able to read this again when the manga is completed, maybe it wont be as slow to us then as it was to us now.

Double-page supporter
The "chuunification" was cute

And I agree with the general sentiment that this arc was good, but not suited for a monthly release manga

@dive123
since the guy asked for a pretty big spoiler, here it is. those who're not interested don't open.

Ooh, that one? the ancestor return's power that can match the stats from godsword awakening? then not yet. Especially since the alchemist is dead and his future alternate version turned into intelligent sword, and the one who got hold of it is the remnant of the lich king in this chapter (whom still holding a grudge to fran and jean btw). Alternate future fran (only shown for a bit) possessed the skill though. It's in the sad future where urushi/jet died and master turned into godsword at the cost of his sentience. All of those happened in the school arc with the elf headmaster.

Now in raw we're in the gordisian continent, trying to search a way to keep master's sanity by meeting trismegistus and trying to find fran's parents grave.

Dex-chan lover
@simplethrone
Thanks for the info
Wow man, that's sounds AWESOME!! Makes me want to read the raws again...if not for the go*gle translated result😬
May i ask what you use to read the raws? Or simply u can understand japanese? Will be glad to read fran and master's story again😌

Fed-Kun's army
@dive123
yea you are further in then me, I stopped at 333 and didn't pick up when the next group started because I dealt with world master, I know how that ends up, but looks like the new group is doing a serious effort to get that translated...

@dive123 Google translate and dictionary. I'm n5 after all. A lot of web novel don't have too much text and not a serious literature or science journal, so it's not super hard. Though I'm still in trouble if they suddenly decides to go for exposition heavy paragraphs for world building.

Dex-chan lover
@Amplify I can forgive namekian arc as long as it has actual stakes or part of bigger arc, this undead dungeon unfortunately has meh villain and confusing battles, ntm we got seven straight chapters of that battle. Might work in weekly but monthly release wears out that kind of shit faster.

Dex-chan lover
@Arcara
Well for reference, this arc was about a dozen chapters in the novel, while the arc I'm thinking of is 50ish chapters long. It's also (3/10 to 4/10 level spoiler):
almost entirely one big battle that feels like it never ends, which leads almost directly into another (thankfully much shorter) battle.

Dex-chan lover
@Arcara
Well, this arc is a bit "tricky", since despite introduce Jean, one of the top adventurers, and latent potential release, one of their most hidden trump card; the pace of this arc is not suitable for monthly release. As a wn reader myself i'm kinda worried for manga only who might drop this story due to sudden drop in story quality😅
For those of you who read manga, i can't assure you guys if the story gets better, but i will say this: TenKen is simply an adventurer tale of Fran and Master, while also introduce the fantasy world which build by the people that living in it and monitored by so called "administrator"

Personally i like it since despite having some cliche moments, there's almost no deu ex machina here. Very recommended to those who read fantasy isekai for first time. To those that fed up with isekai theme, TenKen is story that has its up and down, so i will simply ask that you not 'putting hopes very high' with this manga, same when you face the life i suppose😁

Fed-Kun's army
Oooh, finally this horrible arc ended, I almost dropped this manga more than one time 'cause of this arc.

Let's hope next will be better

Users who are viewing this thread