Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 26

Double-page supporter
Man, I love this manga.
I hope I'm not a doomer but.... as much as I like this series, hoping for further reach of the manga and opportunities for the author, I also hope that it doesn't get anime adaptation... ya know, cuz Frieren.
Mainstream fans will proclaim this piece of art as a copycat if it ever happen.

Dex-chan lover
This manga doesn't hit as hard as frieren but God damn does is still slap on the sadness of elven lives when interacting with humanity
It's a different flavor of manga. The setting is similar, but the focus of the story is different.

Frieren is narrowly focused on elf grannie, Fern and Stark. Everything that happens is about how it affects them. Even Himmel, the hero party and the other mages are given just as much attention as needed to give depth to those 3.

High Elf uses just Aesir to focus on interactions with dozens of people. Each character is given their time, even if Aesir is the only one we follow. Wynn, Irena, Kaede, the Dwarf King, Aesir's magic sword apprentice, the 3 Disciples, etc.

The tones are more similar, but there is def a difference. Frieren is more wistful while High Elf is overflowing with excitement. The latter can be more outwardly sad while the former is more melancholy.

I love them both for similar reasons, but they are different.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"She was a very strong and a... very beautiful person." Damn, the feels are acting up again.

I also just remembered... Did we get a conclusion with the innkeeper girl? She's like really old now, right? That one's gonna be a real tough one when it comes up...

Dex-chan lover
it's almost a different flavor. the setting is similar, but the focus of the story is different.

Essentially, Frieren is learning nostalgia while Aesir is learning to come to term with being a timeless entity
(remember he's reincarnated so his starting point was essentially 'human who turned immortal')

Quite annoyed he never bothered to ask her what she actually wanted, behind her mask. Why just presume and worry, when you could simply query and advise?

He's drawing a line. He's only going to be her teacher and won't step in further, if she reaches out he'll give a response but if not then it'll just be his own curiosity.

He got too deeply involved with Kaeha and her passing is still 'recent' to him.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I couldn't wait for the chapters and started to read the light novel. But I think the manga is superior.

Dex-chan lover
I was expecting that the fire nation Dahlia tribe to get some of their retribution for all the raidings that they’ve done from the people at Vivinal or elsewhere while Juyal was away.
Or, for Juyal being spurned by his tribe when he retuned (though maybe he did and maybe he had to fight for it and showed his strength to return).

Though I don’t mind a relatively peaceful resolution.

That said, the fate of the people that instigated Juyal and the rest of his tribe to go around raiding was never discussed. Perhaps they are Dahlia elders too and died of old age too like the morons from Balm….

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Man, I love this manga.
I hope I'm not a doomer but.... as much as I like this series, hoping for further reach of the manga and opportunities for the author, I also hope that it doesn't get anime adaptation... ya know, cuz Frieren.
Mainstream fans will proclaim this piece of art as a copycat if it ever happen.
well, it depends on how popular the light novel is,
If I'm not mistaken, the novel is already ended, right?
seeing how it got English translation this year, anime might be a possibility
so let's just hope it got a bit of time gap after Frieren so it won't be like a direct comparison

Users who are viewing this thread