Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 28

Dex-chan lover
Hahaha, I certainly can appreciate Aesir and co. paying violence with violence albeit with the opposition not even worthy of a mention and got decimated off screen.
I wonder if the author was playing something like Ryu ga Gotoku while writing the chapter and had an urge to tell a story of mob org destroying brawl.

Dex-chan lover
I can tell MC is already proficient at sniffing out troublesome things.

On the other hand, am I the only one that thinks that MC being a reincarnated otherworlder is completely inconsequential to the story? He could have been just an anomaly among elves, one that wanted to explored the world, and the story would not have to be changed at all.

Dex-chan lover

On the other hand, am I the only one that thinks that MC being a reincarnated otherworlder is completely inconsequential to the story? He could have been just an anomaly among elves, one that wanted to explored the world, and the story would not have to be changed at all.
True but then we might want to spend more time in high elf society to see how he became different. Also Aesir wouldn't have the same kind of human motivations since he wouldn't have any prior knowledge of swords, dwarven metals, or human magic.

Making him some kind of a stationary merchant in his hometown might work, but that's just a diversion from the main focus of the story. It's a lot cleaner to just give him basic human knowledge.

Dex-chan lover
Casually taking them out.

Classic, "the rest are safe, you can go all out now," situation.

The pose on page 6 looks weird. His back hand is too far forward to hold the spear behind his back like that.

Good, decisive move. Nice to see that once in a while, and not let things fester for longer plots.

They both really don't want to fight each other.

"Your human laws do not apply to a high elf like me!"

Cheating on a weapon is not a thing for a real warrior. Learning more techniques is good for being able to fight different opponents in various situations.

Most two-tailed cats I've seen are black.

She's pretty, at least. And she seems casual.

Contributor

Yeah, he could, but the isekai tag sells.

Dex-chan lover
yeaaa wok helmet lezgoooo

it's funny how spirit says "⭕" but it's not really fit for person's palette lmao

e27

Supporter
This guy gets absolutely Team Rocket'd, and Aesir's first thought is still "Man I want to fight this guy."
image.png

He just really doesn't want to deal with ancient one drama...
Aesir's mind "what a pain"
The last thing he did before coming across the flat lands was deal with troublesome things.
image.png

That's a pretty sharp detour in tone from the last city. Didn't even really show the fallout. Hopefully Turtle Mommy is worth speeding along to.
For a series whose story comes not just from the people in its cast, but the actual locations as well, it was really surprising how quickly they moved along. It does make sense for where the chapter needed to put its ending page, but that doesn't stop it feeling like it happened faster than anything else so far.

Most two-tailed cats I've seen are black.
Mi'ke would like a word with you...
image.png

MD@Home

This is mostly impossible as the MC told us in here and in the lightnovel. The normal high elf is even worst than him in concept of making friend, time, relating with other species. As most of them think they are just temporary here till they become spirit.

If you making a high elf that is so much of anomaly, so foreign to the concept of this world high elf, may as well make him an otherworlder, wouldn't that explain much easier how he can just shrug off their teaching?

Double-page supporter
On the other hand, am I the only one that thinks that MC being a reincarnated otherworlder is completely inconsequential to the story?
He's not just an elf, but a high elf. High elves in this series are all about becoming immortal as a spirit once they die.
High elves having memory of a past life aren't unheard of, it just means their soul has already matured enough to become a spirit so they survived the usual soul recycle wipe and don't need to meditate for 1000 years.

Dex-chan lover
This is mostly impossible as the MC told us in here and in the lightnovel. The normal high elf is even worst than him in concept of making friend, time, relating with other species. As most of them think they are just temporary here till they become spirit.

If you making a high elf that is so much of anomaly, so foreign to the concept of this world high elf, may as well make him an otherworlder, wouldn't that explain much easier how he can just shrug off their teaching?
If you need to have an explanation for MC being an anomaly, him being an otherworlder is about the most boring and (nowadays) cliched background the author could have used imo.

Well, I'm not actually complaining since, as I said, him being and otherworlder is pretty much inconsequential to the actual stories being told. This manga is more than great enough for me to not even mind the trope that much, so I'm satisfied. :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
If you need to have an explanation for MC being an anomaly, him being an otherworlder is about the most boring and (nowadays) cliched background the author could have used imo.

Well, I'm not actually complaining since, as I said, him being and otherworlder is pretty much inconsequential to the actual stories being told. This manga is more than great enough for me to not even mind the trope that much, so I'm satisfied. :meguu:
I think the otherworlder soul of Aesir here is just a means to justify his departure from the forest, nothing more. Why? Because he already know the time difference when he leave the forest. Yet still inexperienced in dealing with it, leading to the case of Kazuha, as a lesson for life.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

When legend meet a myth...
XD...

Users who are viewing this thread