Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
Man, this story is so good and so painful. It really shows us how little time matters to the protagonist as there’s always sudden long time skips where he’s just doing a routine of something and everyone around him ages heavily.

It’s always bittersweet seeing everyone around him aging while he remains a constant.

Can’t wait for next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Ha! The dragon and its vassals actually work with similar principle.

Dragon
When the land is blanketed by monsters, end the world and start anew.

Vassals
When the country(ies) becomes corrupt (and fail to serve their purpose), take it down and start over.
(Aside from golden state the hermit said, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he would purge the government/ powerbrokers/people and also start fresh if the Dragon would have been disturbed by how the state of the people of the golden state otherwise)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wish this story put in more details as to why exactly those hermits are fine and not the others, and how he verified that it was true. Particularly since he seemed to dislike the dragon hermit a lot for some reason, on first meeting.
He went in fully expecting to have to destroy them, and he most likely verified it with the true dragon during breaks in telling his tale. Thankfully this Alduin seems like a kind fellow and prefers to wait until his job is absolutely necessary to bother anybody.

Dex-chan lover
I wish this story put in more details as to why exactly those hermits are fine and not the others, and how he verified that it was true.
These are the first "true hermits" we've seen. True hermits can draw power directly from nature, and the dragon apparently radiates the same kind of energy. However, it requires an enormous amount of time and effort and talent for humans to learn how to harness this power and become true hermits, so some hermits take shortcuts and find ways to obtain power by stealing other people's lifeforce instead, turning into shamans, incubi, succubi, or vampires, as explained in chapter 17.

Supporter
Man, this story is so good and so painful. It really shows us how little time matters to the protagonist as there’s always sudden long time skips where he’s just doing a routine of something and everyone around him ages heavily.

It’s always bittersweet seeing everyone around him aging while he remains a constant.

Can’t wait for next chapter.
"BTW, it's seven years later now."

Group Leader
I wish this story put in more details as to why exactly those hermits are fine and not the others, and how he verified that it was true. Particularly since he seemed to dislike the dragon hermit a lot for some reason, on first meeting.
It was more like he doesn't like how the hermits seemingly long-winding their intentions and stringing him along through maze of uncertainty instead of just asking him honestly and directly, added with his second-hand knowledge of hermits that took grim shortcuts to tap into immortality, made him a bit wary of them. Eh, meeting with Xuannu made it much less than it used to be though.

Probably his action also meant as a bit of jab against old Chinese-style story telling, which involves a heck lot of back and forth with word twists and what not.

I expected more confrontation and/or a bit of violence, though. Instead, very much like him, his journey here was filled with bittersweet and heartwarming encounters, with a dash of comedy.

Dex-chan lover
Cuuuuute
rqot78.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread