Tensei Shite High Elf ni Narimashitaga, Slow Life wa 120-nen de Akimashita - Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
i wonder if his name will go down as the strange travler that strings along the fate of this world

Dex-chan lover
I wish this story put in more details as to why exactly those hermits are fine and not the others, and how he verified that it was true. Particularly since he seemed to dislike the dragon hermit a lot for some reason, on first meeting.
The reason he disliked the Dragon Hermit is sorta hinted at in this very chapter as he mentions his last meeting with a Hermit. He thought he was just like the last guy and stealing other's life force. He also thought he was trying to manipulate and threaten him into doing something with the elves.

As Pilomotor said these are genuine hermits and not the corrupted kind he dealt with like Vampire -- or the others whose names I forget. See, you have true hermits who purely absorb the energy of nature for their abilities and the prolonged lifespan that they enjoy. Then you have those who gave up on that plodding path and decided to -- in the case of the one in Whitesails (I think?) -- drink the blood of other people and absorb THEIR energy. Thus making him a vampire.

I do enjoy how these hermits are literally just sitting there going: "Trying to keep the world from being razed to the ground! Please stop telling us more truths of the world we have it hard enough!" lol

Dex-chan lover
Cuuuuute
rqot78.jpeg
Sire's lineage will be known in the world as the mount who the great sage who walks around the world.

Double-page supporter
Welp I guess Aesir's hunch is right. Fate does give him some kind of role, which one of them is to make him travel the world and told it to the dragon. Imo since he is one of fundamental beings created first the it wasnt wrong if some of them got role right? Idk why Aesir dont like that 😅

Double-page supporter
has it mentioned what happened to the hotel/innkeeper girl?
or she just past away in the background?
In this manga, a lot of people have and will pass away in the background. Even if Acer revisits their place someday, at best he'll only see their descendants. After all, he has been actively avoiding staying in one place for to long to witness his friends' death, with Kaeha being the sole exception showed how much important she is for him.

Dex-chan lover
I really love how the first thing the dragon tell Aesir is "Good morrow, Old friend".
They both are literally legendary behind, the first kind.
Both have incredible presences and just feel at ease with each others, like old friends.
They have know each others for "merely" 7 years, but I'm sure for both it feels like centuries.
And ""My friend. The world thee speak of is a wondrous one."
It really bring some much wholesomeness.
The clock keeps ticking, but Aesir journey continues.
It's bittersweet but truly lovely.
I love this story.

Group Leader
I like this more than "Frieren".
Frieren baits you in with the first volume being about the passage of time and loosing the ones close to you, only to do a tournament arc and become a generic Shonen with flat characters and no observable passage of time.
This actually does the passage of time and loss of the people you care about.

Dex-chan lover
Frieren baits you in with the first volume being about the passage of time and loosing the ones close to you, only to do a tournament arc and become a generic Shonen with flat characters and no observable passage of time.
Yeah it occasionally remembers to tie back into its themes of reconnecting with the past and savoring the "inconsequential" moments, but then you'll get 30 chapters of world building and more typical fantasy plots.

Dex-chan lover
the one who take care mc "son" back then
Her story ended with the plot of the Son seperating from her (since he was the closest to her emotionally).
And if we ever see her again, it's probably through the Son's memories if he managed to meet her before her death (I mean it's probably been over 40 years by now since they last met her, and she was probably in her late-teens or early 20's then, so she is probably 60+ now).

That's your fault for expecting that then. Frieren is literally a shonen, you can't expect it NOT to have shonen elements. If Frieren really hyperfixated on the passage of time elements, it would be boring as shit no cap. The passage of time is just a backdrop for Frieren now, and that allows the author to explore more interesting plots like El Dorado arc. Stop trying to compare apples to oranges.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just glad he's making more long living friends, so that not all his friends will be dead when he ends his journey :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
The dragon is adorable, this is the first time I've seen someone draw an adorable dragon not in chibi or comedic way.

Double-page supporter
Well, the first meeting was due to his bad experience with the previous one-that jerk he had to fight that was eating people. But I believe that THESE hermits are fine due to having a noble purpose-others are more dangerous, because they have no moral code built in that he can be assured won't lead to conflict.
In other words, these people are trying to protect the world-but some other hermit could be doing this to like. Get To Eat More Children
Also it was explained that becoming a hermit is very difficult and a long process which also requires talent so not just anyone can do it. The real (for lack of a better word) hermits are the ones who absorb the energy of nature, and the fake hermits, or as he called them "heretical", are the ones who get energy in other ways. In chapter 17 page 31 it gave 3 examples of the heretical hermits. The ones who gather energy "through flesh and blood" i.e. the vampires, "those who gather this life energy through sex" i.e. succubi/incubi and those who perform human sacrifce i.e. shamans.

These hermits are fine because they aren't the heretical kind, for example jade dragon absorbs the natural energy that the true dragon releases into the air.

Users who are viewing this thread