The Apothecary Diaries - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - Sending Off

Dex-chan lover
Im still mad at the guard that almost knocked her out, aint that amazing?

Dex-chan lover
Gonna be a bit brutal here, I was kinda disappointed with the ending (at least I'm guessing that's what it is?) for Maomao's dad. With how hyped up he was, I was hoping for something more.

Thanks for translating!!!
These two are just too cute. Looking forward a futher development on their relationship.

Fed-Kun's army
Everytime I read about her parents.. the scene where the father cried with her beautiful mother's face surfaces in my memory.. they're such a sad couple finally reunited after separated for so many long years..

I Googled the finger thing. It's true for children and since maomao had it done pretty young it makes sense her pinky grew back tho slightly warped. Per google: A little bit of nail can help a fingertip regrow. When a kid lops off a fingertip with a cleaver or car door, there's a chance the end of the digit will grow back. The fingerprint will be gone, and the tip may look a bit strange. But the flesh, bone and nail could return

Dex-chan lover
@Eralita The story is that he likes her and it's one sided as she's dense as a shounen protagonist. She believes no one will love her because of what she learned while living in the red light district. At the same time, she believes that love will restrict her and what she can do, so she actively avoids it. He tries multiple times to get her to understand that he wants her, but she just shrugs it off as just a guy looking for a chase. This will continue for several arcs until Jinshi gets fed up with words and decides that the only the way of getting to her is being petty. Basically stuff like ordering her to do stuff because she wouldn't otherwise.
We also find out he's the crown prince from the former concubine. He is announced as the imperial brother to the emperor because he got swapped at birth when we get to the kidnapping arc. There we see the opposing faction of corrupt nobles get swallowed up in a civil war. He gets injured and uses that as a way to get her to nurse him.
. The dad of the MC is gonna change quite a bit after this. He is very protective of her and when he finds out Jinshi wants to marry her, he does everything possible to keep the two from seeing each other resulting in Jinshi having to drug the guy to get anywhere.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@ephonk - See that what I thought at first too but it didn't really make sense for why Jinshi-sama's office got flooded with the "get-well flowers". Hence why I thought it had to be because Jinshi-sama was looking for the ox stuff since he did promise Mao Mao. XD

Users who are viewing this thread