The Child Loved by God - Ch. 9

Fed-Kun's army
Atleast the story makes a little bit of sense now.

Unlike those previous chapters.

Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
one guy got arrested so lets all just hold hands and pretend we didn't just fight a war, didn't just have hundreds maybe thousands of people die, didn't just try to enslave a holy spirit that the beastmen consider gods because the pope wanted a pet...

what is the point of anything happening in this story if even enslaving gods and wars can be stopped and forgotten about with a single arrest?

XL

Dex-chan lover
Aww so warm and fuzzy in a totally unrealistic and definitely not real manner. Oh well, that's comics book for ya XD

Dex-chan lover
"Continue to live as a person" Wow, what a discriminating statement, implying her real self as half human(?) half elf isn't even considered to be a person. Not that racism is anything new.

Contributor
@Doomer This. The Pope KNEW that her subordinate launched a full scale war to fulfill one of her whims, but she plays dumb once and it gets swept under the rug and they even encourage her to stay in power.

Fed-Kun's army
@blablablub
Might be a translation error. Things like human / person are really more of a context sometimes. I think it makes more sense if we consider him saying continue to live as a Human.

Dex-chan lover
@Doomer
@HDMI1

Don´t forget they were made to pay war reperations.
It was a pretty common practise to have the aggressors pay the defenders a LARGE sum off money after a war was over if it was "unjustly" started.
That said, history is written by the winners so if the agressors won it was rare for them to actually pay up asuming the country was not assimilated in the first place.
Besides what more would you have them do ? enslave / take over a whole country because a few religious leaders were corrupt ?
That would never fly and country wide rebellion / another war would start in a few days and is likelly something they don´t want to deal with.

As for the holy spirit...
They killed it sure, but becouse it came back it's likely that nobody cares too much about it anymore.

And as far as the other leaders know/can prove the pope did not even know about anything going on.
And its not like they can publicly accuse a religious figurehead without proof.
If the guy who ordered the attack tries to blame it on her, she can just say that its slander and/or its a way for him to avoid taking all the blame.

The elf thing would have been the perfect time to blackmail her if anything, but they don´t get much more out of it at this point anyway...
Still an option for the future however...
Not that the MC would be OK with that unless they can convince him that she is evil somehow.

This seems to be a pretty light hearted story tho so it's likely author just did not want to deal with it any further then this.
But yeah its kind of silly.

Supporter
Yeah, I recall the pope wanted to make Ipilia her pet, now she's somehow a victim in all this?

And the people are very non-chalant about the three legendary beasts submitting to a child. This is the sort of thing that starts a new religion and even crusades

Dex-chan lover
@Goldenzeal "That said, history is written by the winners."

No it's not, History is written by the writers. The Huns never really wrote anything about themselves and their raging conquest, yet have quit a lot about them, for exemple.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I thought that the pope was basically a figurehead child, and her bishop was maliciously interpreting her requests to cause bloodshed

Contributor
@Goldenzeal She literally told them to go ahead and replace her, and even gave a "justified" excuse. They should have taken the opening since they had the ability and right to do so.

Dex-chan lover
@malfurionpre

"That said, history is written by the winners."

No it's not, History is written by the writers. The Huns never really wrote anything about themselves and their raging conquest, yet have quit a lot about them, for exemple.

It's a figure of speech my dude and i hope you are jokeing..... but if not....
just because there is only recorded written proof of their spoken language existing in forms of other peoples writings doesn't mean that they never had one.

That said if watching John Green have made me learned anything about history, its that the mogols are allways an exeption :p
( The huns are as far as i know are the same people as the Mongols just from a diffrent time period, altho some argue they were Turks.... as far as i can find the true Origin of the Huns were never confirmed )

@HDMI1
Yeah from what "we" have seen i would have to agree with you.
I was just argueing from the MC´s and others point of view.
I would have replaced the leadership even if she was innocent.
She is guilty of incompetence even if she is not guilty of anything else as she allowed it to happen.
To quote my favorite fantasy/sci-fi universe....There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

That lion is really messing me up because of it's human face. It's face is so flat 😬

The bird is okay... the bear is okay... but not the lion because he is a human faced-lion. What a unique one.

Users who are viewing this thread