The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 11 Ch. 142 - I'm Full of Stray Thoughts

Dex-chan lover
lol, wtf? Japan's population is declining because there is no financial incentive to start a family...not because people aren't horny. That has to be the most braindead, teenager take I have read this year.
Jesus, I was just making fun of him because he was forcing his so called "Christian Values" on Manga characters.

And yes, people not being horny is one of the primary reason for Japan's declining population, not teenagers, but men (not primarily women) above 25 are losing their sexual appetite because of work and family reasons.

Well, I also don't like to do shit after a 12-14 hour work day, rest you can interview the MAPPA animators.

Dex-chan lover
fertility rates track one thing - women's rights. finances don't actually make much difference.
I am not a Japanese but I have friends on Discord, they say that they are frankly too tired with work and their jobs that they don't have any time to date.

12-14 office hours + 2-3 hours in commute/after work mandatory office parties ain't leaving much time for partner/kids. 70% of young folks (below 40) don't vote, and government does shit to solve the working crisis, because majority of the voters are old people who still hold strong positions in their family/businesses, and they want to keep the proletariat working.

Japan is in a big shithole, ain't no one in the world who wants to go to Japan for corporate work, it's suicidal.

Dex-chan lover
I actually recently learned that Masturbation being a religious taboo is a rather new development, and has its origins in the original idea of vegetarianism (the puritan cleanse your body of sin kind that was born in America in the 1800s).
Before then, no one really cared.
this is utter nonsense.
see e.g. from the 1200s,
st. thomas aquinas arguing (correctly) that it is, at least in a way, even worse than rape.

Dex-chan lover
I am not a Japanese but I have friends on Discord, they say that they are frankly too tired with work and their jobs that they don't have any time to date.

12-14 office hours + 2-3 hours in commute/after work mandatory office parties ain't leaving much time for partner/kids. 70% of young folks (below 40) don't vote, and government does shit to solve the working crisis, because majority of the voters are old people who still hold strong positions in their family/businesses, and they want to keep the proletariat working.

Japan is in a big shithole, ain't no one in the world who wants to go to Japan for corporate work, it's suicidal.
this is cope. kids are worth greater sacrifices than that, everyone knows it. it's because the woman is free to cheat and to divorce that men don't want to sacrifice for family. nobody's supposed to say that so they say they don't have the time or the energy. work culture there is also unhealthy, yes, it's also a problem, but far from the main one.

Aggregator gang
Yes, but I'm not sure exactly when he did - was it before meeting Anna in the library to he had a bit more defense? Or after because her staring at his crotch left him feeling... awkward?

Yet again I must remind you all: TEENAGERS THEIR AGE ARE HORNY AF! and always have been. There's nothing wrong with them exploring together in their mutual loving relationship.
The wrong bit is the readers/viewers wanting to watch the actual deed(s).
Never said I had a problem with it, it's just a bit wild to go have a wank in the school toilets in the middle of the day, so I wanted to double check my reading.

I was sexually active at this age. And I enjoyed Umibe no Onnanoko, which was much more explicit in its depiction of teenage sexual relationships. Though that was a much more mature series exploring disfunctional teenage relationships.

Dex-chan lover
Never said I had a problem with it, it's just a bit wild to go have a wank in the school toilets in the middle of the day, so I wanted to double check my reading.

I was sexually active at this age. And I enjoyed Umibe no Onnanoko, which was much more explicit in its depiction of teenage sexual relationships. Though that was a much more mature series exploring disfunctional teenage relationships.
Only my first paragraph was in reply to your post, the rest was aimed at everyone else in general getting either horny about schoolkids or pearl-clutchy about schoolkids being horny.

Dex-chan lover
I might be a minority here, but I'm not a huge fan of the "condom" chapters and this new arc. I just find it a bit weird and tasteless to put two 14-year olds in such sexualised situations / storylines. I started reading it because it seemed like a cute, innocent, awkward first love type of story, but it seems like the mangaka has other ideas. I guess I expected the story to be a bit more like "The fragrant flower blooms with dignity"
It's good though. The author is showing a healthy way to go through this phase. Instead of blindly following desires, you take it by the reign and get control. This modern days, even in the more old fashioned areas, kids are meeting with sex earlier and earlier. Having an example of what's the healthy thing to do is definitely good.

Me? I'm old fashioned. So old fashioned in fact that I may even stay single up until my death. Not because I can't get a girlfriend, but because whenever the chance presents itself, I always pass on it. There is this deep feeling in my soul... A feeling where I feel obligated to sabotage my love life any chance I get to punish my self for... Something. I don't know. Maybe I just think that someone like me don't deserve love? No idea. I guess I do have some deep seated issues of self hatred, somewhere in my heart.

It's a weird feeling. I'm not suffering or anything. Not even depressed. I'm quite content with my life, all things considered. Hm. No clue at all. Again, it's a weird feeling.

Man I still can't get over how sweet Yamada is, the way she's always so thoughtful and caring for Kyo is pushing my diabetes into overdrive. 140+ chapters in and that stuff still doesn't get old

Contributor
I just mentioned Kyou's middle school friend last chapter and lo and behold he's here. Although I don't think he's getting paired up with Yurine by the looks of things. He's not a bad boy type who'd be Moeko's type though. Kinoshita's like the polar opposite of Adachi, even. They do fit the nerd x gal stereotype that's gotten rather popular recently though...

I'm assuming the LINE convo on pg. 13 is a DM thread between Kyou and Kinoshita, because it would be extremely awkward if it were the new convo group Moeko proposed for the three of them. Doubly awkward if it's a group that had Anna in it as well.

Oh my, both of them have tanlines from that recent beach arc...

Author needs to chill. 💀
Love to see Ichikawa doing his thing and making new friends. Anyways they’re too young for things more than a kiss. I love them a lot tho. They handle stuff really well despite having the opportunity to do it early. I would prefer it after marriage and stuff, but at least let the earliest be when they’re at the legal age.
Yeah I don't know if it's just me, like they can have those thoughts that's normal, but aren't we getting too much of that all the time? Even tho they are like 13, I feel like the manga has gotten a little weird this past couple of volumes, is it just me? Like we can explore other parts of their relationship but I feel like the last volumes has been all sex thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread