The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 18

Aggregator gang
Original Chloe is even more retarded than expected huh
Why is the maid ready to forgive her if she really changed when she don't even apologised? I don't get her

Double-page supporter
@Riri Now we get what the possessing soul meant that original Chloe was even much worse than her

While I can't forgive the old soul for shifting the blame, I won't be surprised if her fault with the certificate was also because of the other maid (you know the Baron's daughter turned maid) but the old host being scatterbrained and lacking confidence should be enough a reason I guess?

Wow, Chloe was such a coward that she was ready to put the blame on some innocent maid, no wonder nobody see her as a respectable person, thank you for this amazing chapter as always

the old soul was really quite pitiful wasn't she?
thank you for translating!

Dex-chan lover
@hypothon that's a very good hypothesis. If the other maid told Chloe that the kitchen maid was the one who stole it, it explains why she was hesitant as well to be accusing people with no evidence, and done so deliberately to create rifts in the household around her so that she could be kept down and gaslighted that no-one would come to help.

Group Leader
I honestly hopes that she confronts 'Chloe' about it. Not because I blame the current person in Chloe's body or anything, but I'd like to see how she deals with it whilst still pretending to be Chloe.

when the narration is saying about chloe's mistake, is that the new chloe or the kitchen maid talking about it?

it seems weird for new chloe to talk about it but not actually do anything to make amends. im guessing its the kitchen maid's narration and new chloe isn't quite aware of the mistake yet because old chloe made so many of them or something.

Aggregator gang
I really pitied the old Chloe but after seeing this chapter, wtf?

Aggregator gang
Man I pitied the old Chloe but that was just a terrible thing to do Old Chloe...

Dex-chan lover
The old Chloe made a mistake, and instead of taking the fault she blamed it on the kitchen maid and was subsequently punished for something she didn't do. Ofcourse she would have a resentment towards the duchess after the fact, but she now realises that the dutchess has changed.

Supporter
If that maid never forgives Chloe, I would totally understand. It sucks having to take blame for something you didn't do, especially if it was such a severe physical punishment. Not to mention her reputation around the mansion, I'm actually surprised she wasn't fired over allegedly stealing a certificate from the Madam of the mansion... Anyway I wonder if the MC would remember that detail and apologize to the maid in later chapter? Kinda hope she would.

Users who are viewing this thread