The Duchess' 50 Tea Recipes - Ch. 27

@MaChani I can't speak for other cultures, but I'd just like to point out that at least for medieval european society huge age differences between husband and wife, and girls getting married extremely young, is fantasy invented by fiction. If you read about church records for marriages, this kind of age gap marriage is a statistical outlier (and also from historical anecdotes was seen as gross by most people, just like today). The average age for first marriages was more like 19-20+ years.

@charasander out of curiosity, how long were the marriages planned for? i wouldn't be surprised if the average age was 19-20 just due to red tape and changing political landscapes.

@charasander could you please care to show where you got your facts cuz going by historical records of royals and aristocratic class in medieval periods through out Europe has old geezers as husband and young teens, even minor kids as wives!
Even now politicians sleep around with minor models. Disgusting perverts :/
But damn this duke is a hottie, hope he didn't rape her on their 1st night. Otherwise it's kinda hard to ship her with him

I honestly doubt the terrified Cloe wanted to sleep with the Duke * face palm* just another male rapist.

these korean webtoons always manage to fetishist the worst part of European history.

He looked like he was doing push-ups 🤣.

Also the chatterboxes looked like male faces with a feminine hairstyle. It was there in earlier chapters, but it wasn't that bad.

@jirine a quick Google of "did people really marry young in ancient times" brings up a stack exchange thread that mostly agrees with charasander's statement, with a variety of references to look through as a starting point. do note, however, that these appear to be claims about the marriages of ordinary people, not aristocracy. googling "did nobles marry young" brings up a much less well-referenced quora thread claiming that most of these political age-gap marriages never actually had sex because a younger woman was much more likely to die during childbirth

Fed-Kun's army
original chloe sucks but i hope she still enjoyed that night with the duke.... that panel... /fans self

WHAT A CHAPTER ASLKFDSLKJDS FROM JEALOUSY to a cute moment dancing to suddenly HEY WE'VE NEVER MET BEFORE BUT TELL US ABOUT YOUR HUSBAND'S DICK AND HOW HE IS IN BED fadlkdfslkjdsf?????? just... wild. wild af. what a rollercoaster of emotions for our chloe.

thank you very much for the update~

Fed-Kun's army
Oh man.... I just hope that old!Chloe was not scared on that night.... :'( And that there was good consent and all..... But I guess for how she was, old!Chloe would just agree on anything :''(

Thank you for the amazing translation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh damn, did a double take when we had a flashback glimpse of Old Chloe's first night with the duke!

The thirst 4 the duke is always strong in the comments section, and now we get to see him in the steamy scenes 🙄

Well those woman are crazy!!

And love the slight blush and jealousy he had. Gives hope to the two of them

Thanks so much

Users who are viewing this thread