The Gender of Mona Lisa - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Eighteenth Spring

Fed-Kun's army
i like the story so far. I knew that it would be a triangle relationship. But I would not mind if he / she would accept both gender and would come together with both :D i know to much fantasy but I think that would be something new

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how he/she/it is down there, just a hole for peeing or something ? Because the base organ is female in a normal world, without any hormones it stays female.

For those wondering about the anatomical details of the situation, the protagonist probably has a disorder that stops puberty. The wikipedia article on delayed puberty has a list. He/she should see a doctor. With some of those disorders hormone replacement therapy is needed to avoid bone development issues and infertility.

Alright, I've read the Spanish, and seems it is a fictional syndrome rather than delayed puberty. The parts are a complete mystery.
You can tell that it is probably fictional from the spolierific communications between the doctors at the end of the first volume.

Ok take your pick people: boy or girl, which will it be by the end?
I personally hope girl but I dont think he will end up together with neither characters from the main love triangle

Group Leader
(((This is the future liberals want)))

In all seriousness, I quite like this and looking forward to future chapters to see where it will end. Good compelling and interesting story-telling from Japan, without any of the preachy shoehorning tendencies that's usually instinctively noticeable in mainstream media here in the west. But here; it's just people keeping it real, so to speak, showing characters being genuine and their interactions just as they are.

This story itself reminds me a little of Kanojo ni Naru Hi Another

Group Leader
@givemersspls
1. Agree.
2. Also agree. But I think you missed the keywords: "shoehorned" and "preachy"...I want to see none of that in any story of any kind.
2.5 Examples/recommendations?
3. Disagree. I'd be more likely to avoid a work that talks down to the audience/reader. Like I said, "shoehorned" and "preachy" are the tendencies I was referring to, which I and most people dislike. Stories that don't denigrate the audience/reader, do a lot better and reach a bigger audience than those that do.

@CrysisWar1234
I was assuming hermaphroditism at first, but then that would be both genders, not none...very curious.

Dex-chan lover
this reminded me of this oneshot https://mangadex.org/title/19395/wrong-appeal . i actually would like the mc to stay genderless. And from what im getting, the mc's problem from not evolving into a gender is just because those 2 was not in the same gender and he wanted to stay the same as them? well the last part is uhh idk myself but pretty sure first part was obvious... /shurgs dunno y i mention it

I assume the mc doesnt have any genitals, its probably just a peehole and as for what will, happen I want for the MC to be genderless all throughout until the end. I find that take way more interesting especially for the set up that was done here already.

Dex-chan lover
Lol so much expected comments while here i am thinking its NTR Love triangle time.

So about genders,
People like this normally in real live have 2 gender at once and normally once they got older one they will follow whichever gender that dominate the others like male becoming more masculine while female becoming more feminine.
In some case they still have undergo surgery to remove the extra part and normally the female already grow an uterus,

You guys can find the real life case here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Since this is just a fictional story i assume the MC actually GENDERLESS, which likewise only have peehole and genitalia area that looks like that of a manequin.

So please just enjoy the story, dont question about these kind of things.

@xaelath I agree with you, Its just normal people not used to gender benders and wanting confirmation on everything.

Thank you so much for the person who scanlated this. I've been looking forward for Yoshimura-sensei's works, since the dawn of Classi9 (really great manga I highly recommend it). I'm very much grateful that someone has the time and strength to translate and upload this to the world. You've done an amazing job uwu

Group Leader
@givemersspls
I don’t think I was “explicitly” stating it as fact; at the very least I didn’t intend for it to come off that way. But I was trying to imply that I just see more of one thing here and there than in the other, hence the reason for my agreeing, to an extent. I suppose my nuance needs work.

Good day.

Dex-chan lover
You don't just have two choices. Not even sex is binary, much less gender.
I mean I know Japan's birth rate is declining, but it's actually not that bad. It doesn't need to reinforce a hetero-normal and binary society anymore than it already is.
The conflict here is just a red herring to a much bigger conflict, albeit only possible given the premise, but it's actually not that far off from real life. People do get forced into either one of 2 boxes, and it's claustrophobic just to think about.
I don't stand for raising kids genderless and asexual, but do teach them to be critical about it.
You know, for a society so close-minded, I'm glad there are authors who won't stop defying the enforced norms, and I hope this one follows a similar path and give us a true resolution, and not just "boy or girl, choose".

Users who are viewing this thread