The I'm Feeling Lucky button on search [Fixed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a Reindeer
VIP
causes the title to appear in your browser history twice, making it extremely annoying to go back to search to repeat the gacha roll process.

image.png

I'm using FireFox v119.1.

This behavior does not happen when opening a title through their search results like you normally would.

Last edited:
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
From what i can tell it's because of the query parameters that get added to the url when the title loads for some reason
e.g. https://mangadex.org/title/ddb80900-12c2-4b9e-bfb7-cb8abc082f9a/ojousama-no-shimobe?page=1&content=safe,suggestive,erotica
(or with a tag applied: ?page=1&content=safe,suggestive,erotica&include=b13b2a48-c720-44a9-9c77-39c9979373fb)
Ndtm said on Discord: -> (2023/10/29)

🤔 Are you supposed to somehow be able to continue the random/I'm feeling lucky? the filter options get appended to the url when the title loads
Oh and the page param too i guess
AlexEliot said on Discord: ->

Nah tbh
Just go back and press it again
The URL is saved so it should work
Not even Google has that feature
:haa:
Ndtm said on Discord: -> (2023/11/06)

:meguuusus: Apparently these content rating query parameters also show up when changing the content rating while on an author page, a groups titles tab or md list titles&feed..
a bit annoying when it comes to navigation (browser forward/back) since you now have to click through every change to get back (like back to the adv search)

Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer
This has been addressed and will be fixed in the next site update.

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
Fixed on the 23rd of November 2023 update.
On the advanced title search, clicking "I'm feeling lucky" no longer records two pages in the browser history, allowing you to navigate back to the search page without issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread