The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Bella, the "Hero of Ice"

@ClinTEastwooD what? they always had tv. They broadcast their run everytime iirc. That's how they even have the rankings of the parties. In fact, they were cheering at the beginning at a big screen if I'm not wrong.|

So I rechecked, yeah they have big screens that streams their runs to the people so a tv isnt that far off.

This is a pretty weird world....

Beasts and monsters are for some reason are part of a system, that screws them over. Win and be considered by public as targets for their favs losing, lose and get jack shit out.

People try to build the best teams, but don't really research.

The people feel forced. Everyone tries to put down the MC, like in a Chinese Mahua. There's no rationality in the world.

@SingLove I assume the girl I forgot the name of but got Remme to join the demon's side is best girl. Demon queen 2nd and the kemonomimi loli girl is 3rd. What was the loli beast called again?

Dex-chan lover
why would phoenix even try to hide remme ability?
does he not want remme stand out more than him?

The manga skipped the part of Remme training.
His master was the previous demon lord who fought in the war and made him to promise that he was not going to say who was his master.

Dex-chan lover
This new girl is cool, at least! I hope she'll join Remme's side at some point.

Double-page supporter
I'm alway annoyed by authors writing stories about game like worlds because it's obvious they're not gamers. Leaving aside ridiculous notions like "some guy being widely recognized as the best player in a MMORPG", unique skills that only one person has, or mechanics that make no sense, the fact that they ignore how much research players put into games bothers me. With thousands of people competing for the top spot, and this being the primary entertainment of this world apparently, the influence of every member of the party should have been understood by everyone. There should be no secrets regarding what a party with their composition should be capable of, and if they are beating the average by a lot, it should be obvious to people, and themselves especially.

Also, still annoyed by the idiocy of the black mage and hero both hiding the fact that he was doing anything at all. Even if you are hiding your "true strength" because for some reason it would inevitably reveal you were trained by the previous demon lord (and that's bad... why?) you could have still told your party you were doing something. And even if your actual strength is revealed, can't you say you trained on your own? You absolutely must reveal who trained you if people see you're good at your job? The hero seems to have trained on his own, we don't know who trained him and no one seems to care to learn.

If you can't reveal your true strength, then either don't follow a carreer that puts you in the spotlight, or don't go all out while pretending you're not doing anything. He should have acted within the range of a normal black mage, and told his party what he was doing. Not literally pretend to do nothing while going all out.

In that current world, heroes are pretty much actors, and they performance in their battle, so not only Remme was despised, but all the black mages for not being flashy, the effect of debuff are not noticeable directly by their comrades, so they taught of him as a regular black mage, who are pretty much useless for humans, and took bad reputation for being magic used by demons in the war.
Later on, veterans who knows the strenght of black magic try to reclute Remme into their party.

she has an open mind lmao
She's just a bit not retarded compared to everyone in those party, that's all
could just test it easily by comparing when the MC join fight or not to see the difficulty increase but nope, gotta make the plot goes in the most stupid way

...? These people are supposed to be at the top? They don't realize they're being buffed, which is silly enough, but Remme and Phoenix straight up didn't tell them he was buffing them either? No fucking wonder they wanted to boot his ass out. Now I'm thinking Remme and Phoenix are the dumbasses here, because in this new light, its super obvious why they'd think Remme was just leeching.

Bro, you can tell them what your powers do, even if you don't want to reveal the full extent. Jeez.

They are just trying to rationalize the fact that they screwed for expelling him, and is not their fault for the bad outcome of the decision.

Dex-chan lover
I just wanna say: While Remme was around, the only problem they had was a lack of publicity. They still cleared floors consistently without trouble.

@Xandran
They don't know trouble until they've experienced it for the first time. This is their first time.

@Firemorfox
That's pretty much it, Remme was in the party from the beginning, how they could know if there's was an effect, if it was always displayed, now that his magic is out of the table they can realize it, even Phoenix doesn't know how strong is he, only knows that he is strong.

@firemorfox

Its not a matter of how valuable they thought his buffs were. This chapter shows they had no idea he was buffing them at all, and Phoenix says he was hiding that fact. That is ridiculously stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread