THE ISEKAI DOCTOR Any sufficiently advanced medical science is indistinguishable from magic. - Vol. 6 Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Hol up how does he know his cube is 10 cm deep? I don't recall he brought a ruler, I suppose there any medical tools that are consistently 10cm but what are they?:thonk:
He filled it with 1 liter of water. (I assume from a 1 liter water bottle.) 1 litter of water ≡ 1,000 cm³.

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Makes sense, but easier said than done if it's not a sealed bottle, but wait, he did do some IV work in previous chapters. IV bottles/bags do have those measurement marks. So all he would have to do is fill up to the line in the IV bottle.

Dex-chan lover
Makes sense, but easier said than done if it's not a sealed bottle, but wait, he did do some IV work in previous chapters. IV bottles/bags do have those measurement marks. So all he would have to do is fill up to the line in the IV bottle.
Considering that the standard water bottle sizes in Japan include both a 500 ml and a 1-liter bottle, wouldn't be surprised if it was in tandem with what you mentioned about the measurement marks.

On a slightly pedantic tangent though, that (assumed) masu box is supposed to represent 1 gō, which is 180.4ml of liquid, aka 1/10th of a 1.8 liter bottle of sake. No idea how Amami would be able to fill the box to the brim multiple times that way to hit exactly 1 liter through estimation alone. Don't mind me, just my odd musing about that part. :huh:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
On a slightly pedantic tangent though, that (assumed) masu box is supposed to represent 1 gō, which is 180.4ml of liquid, aka 1/10th of a 1.8 liter bottle of sake. No idea how Amami would be able to fill the box to the brim multiple times that way to hit exactly 1 liter through estimation alone.
Its implied that his masu box is metric based not the edo japan unit standard. So Amami would need to just fill up the box with a 1 liter bottle.

I was confused intially by the masu box was because: "Hey can you make a cup/box that's perfectly square on the inside and when filled to the brim is the exact same amount I have in this bottle to this line?" Is rather unreasonable demand If you don't have any dimensions to go by except the end results. Sure Amami knows it's 10 cm deep because of basic geometry, but does Normim (dwarf guy) how long a centimeter looks like or even what it is?

Because of that for all we know unless Amami brought a ruler or that a scapel (anything really) just happened to be 10 cm, then the Normim could of made an assload of failed 'metric masu' boxes through trial and error. Which is defintely plasuible, since he feels indepted to the doc.

Dex-chan lover
But with polished rice you get beri-beri.

This was featured in the manga "Jin", about a 21st century surgeon who is brought back to the Shogunate period.

Highly recommended.
Honestly I think beri-beri gets brought up at least once in every fedual japan time travel manga. Especially if it's a Nobunaga period piece.

Not that it's a bad thing.

Hol up how does he know his cube is 10 cm deep? I don't recall he brought a ruler, I suppose there any medical tools that are consistently 10cm but what are they?:thonk:
ignoring that he has things in his medical kit that he could have a known measurement for, the ratio is more important for chemistry than the precise measure.
Beyond that its just an application of dwarven refined handwavium. That alone is enough to get an accurate measure

Dex-chan lover
Sure he is lucky to meet only diseases he can treat with what's at his immediate disposal
Also

bro, move then
The vampire people are kind of puzzling to me because they have teeth that are pointed and suited for being carnivores (or blood eaters), and not well adapted to a diet of corn. They are apparently forced to live in really marginal land. I wonder if they had been forced into that life because they used to eat blood, and all the other races objected to the point of driving them away. They are a really bad match for the monotonous diet that they maintain. I suppose that the willing suspension of disbelief is very important here.

Aggregator gang
Of course. Vampires just need to eat healthy to stand under the godforsaken sun. Of course. Of course.

Dex-chan lover
Amami gonna turn the country of the night into the country of the nachos :meguupog:

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I think beri-beri gets brought up at least once in every fedual japan time travel manga. Especially if it's a Nobunaga period piece.

Not that it's a bad thing.
It's an easy fix, but a mysterious disease. There is no infectious agent and no contagion, but it follows a pattern within household groups that eat the same way.

Fed-Kun's army
I just thought of how funny it would be if a bunch of Mexicans were isekai'd. Like stereotypical typical Mexicans. With sombrero's and all.

Dex-chan lover
They should fix that magic misunderstanding. It’s science not magic. Or you can call it alchemy, tho I’m not sure if that’d apply.

Fed-Kun's army
Tortilla? Just make it rain!

The Tortilla Rain
Legit LOL at this!

Users who are viewing this thread