The Kingdoms of Ruin

Chloe, MC's master: contemplated genociding a whole nation, thinking that she is doing humans a favor for not doing it.
MC: starting to kill indiscriminately as soon as he gets out. Most of the casualties being civilians, a lot of them were children or weren't even born when MC was imprisoned.

Humans hate and fear of witches is clearly unfounded.
There is a reason explained in volume 3.:cool:

Humanity's fear of witches reminds me of what the USA nearly did to China in the past: the Americans feared that China would prevent them from dominating the world in the future. An extremely famous American general wanted to exterminate the whole of China using nuclear bombs. In the end, the President of the United States did not agree to do this. It could have been an act of unparalleled monstrosity.

The anime adaptation is cool, but unfortunately it's censored compared to the manga. But I'm really glad that the manga get even more love. It was already a million seller but it will do way better than this.(y)

I was looking forward to the whole magic vs technology thing, but it seems more like magic vs "not magic". Also, besides the first chapter what's so edgy about this manga?

Bruh this is some disgusting shit bruh that's way to disgusting crushing the same witches that helped then and making then into a Chimera nah worse than Chimera bruh they don't deserve to live they have to die if they don't and if the mc die without killing all of them then I am gonna kill the author NGL 😐

Actually it makes sense having a public execution or enslaving that highschooler girl that admired the protagonist cause basically what their doing is purging anyone who has sympathies towards the witches so as to have a population that only shows hatred towards them. Then all they have to do is re-write history books claiming that witches were evil and humans were in the right while already teaching that same ideology to the youths. The humans in this manga are cruel but I don't like the fact that there's alot of ntr with the main characters revenge and the author one sidely writing about witches being slaughtered so easily and the fact that the main character just sold them out to the humans just as easily. Im confused cause I thought he was on the witches side but here he just led a human army to slaughter them so quickly while he's getting his ass kicked by the brother of the sister he put into an unending coma. When is it going to focus on him getting back to revenge instead of this pointless slaughter of the witches.
Yeah i agree, frankly this was part of the point where i just quit reading. There was zero reason for him to do this besides being a hypocritical edgelord. It would've cost him nothing, but even worse. For some reason pink haired chick being the asinine pacifist pure girl she is just doesn't mind all her friends, family and everybody else she ever knew just got killed by MC and decides to continue traveling with him. No thanks. I like revenge stories, or at least the ones that explore the dark side of the main character and don't try to go on the entire overdone "revenge bad" schtick. But it becomes impossible to root for a main character that does just as horrid shit as what he is condeming/avenging. The premise of any revenge story is usually that can project on a character to feel how they were wronged and set things right by their own hands. Don't exactly wanna project on MC anymore here.

The beginning was so good, what the fuck happened?? Adonis's logic makes no sense at all. Even if the witches shunned Chloe for her choice to teach him, why not side with them, bring her back, then fight their way out? Why bring the humans to their base? This is fucking stupid. Seems like the author is just doing shit just to do it.
Yeah seems like it, its funny. Because the entire story is trying hammering in on making it seem how badly witches were treated and how unjust the genocide was. Only to then go on and make the main character contribute to it, no thanks. Plot got lost.

@Wannabe Adonis cares about Chloe, not the witches. His revenge against humans is for her sake, not theirs. And it's apparent too that their reasons for wanting his help to "save" Chloe aren't innocent ones. And they didn't shun Chloe, Chloe chose to leave them - which is part of why Adonis doesn't trust them in the first place.
Intentionally letting them get massacred for having ulteroir motives is not a good excuse for what he did. There was zero reasons to do any of that, and if anything he could have worked with them.

People are trying way too hard to find a good side and since they can't it's shit. L. M. F. A. O. What he is doing doesn't make sense, that is the whole point, he is not good, nor are the humans good, there's 2 sides. If you don't like having to think go back to your shitty shonen stories :)

@Saykenneth it really isn't that bad, some of u guys cant enjoy a story with out being so critical. I'm curious as to what manga u like because this is far from bad. It has potential
It's cause they can't understand that not all stories have a hero, they can't process that both sides are extremely flawed and evil. But their tiny little powerranger loving brain cannot process the idea that the main character is not a goodie two shoes 🤣

Dex-chan lover
This is just not something I would read at this moment, kinda want to read light, easy reading manga! But it's kinda disappointing how many readers can't understand how a protagonist do not have to make sense, or take logical (by them) decisions! It's just a story and the MC doesn't have to be a good or bad! The story doesn't need to have a morale! Or happy endings! A dark dystopia where no one is redeemable! The mistake many are making is trying to project or empathise with the MC, then he does something they don't like, and suddenly "this story sucks!" :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
The first couple chapters had some serious promise. It immediately gattling gun sharts it out the window though. Its edginess knows no bounds. On a scale of "Shitdo of Healer" to "Revenge of the Soul Eater" id rate this... 6/10. Its not the worst edgelord circlejerk ive seen, but certainly not the best either

Contributor
reminds me a lot of the yakuza isekai artist's old work "Ryuuma no Gagou" with how all over the place the plot and pacing is

This is just not something I would read at this moment, kinda want to read light, easy reading manga! But it's kinda disappointing how many readers can't understand how a protagonist do not have to make sense, or take logical (by them) decisions! It's just a story and the MC doesn't have to be a good or bad! The story doesn't need to have a morale! Or happy endings! A dark dystopia where no one is redeemable! The mistake many are making is trying to project or empathise with the MC, then he does something they don't like, and suddenly "this story sucks!" :facepalm:
They are too used to self inserts 😂

Dex-chan lover
Interesting premise, bad execution. Too much character of which reader don't care about, quality art with mediocre writing. I thought the anime was bad but its mainly source materials fault.

This series is brainless. The world is too absurd to take seriously, the MC is stupid and unlikable and the FMC is frustrating to watch.

There's nothing to invest in. Its a childish idea of a dystopia, and tragedy doesn't work when you can't give a shit about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread