The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 177

Dex-chan lover
I'd love to enjoy this sweet romance, but every chapter fills me with dread that she'll give up everything she's worked for to get hitched while he gets to keep everything. He'll get minimal criticism, while she'll live the rest of her life enduring criticisms for supposedly sleeping her way into power. Admittedly she'll probably be criticized by everyone no matter what she does, but I'd like it if this doesn't just end up being another story where a hard-working career women gives up/loses everything either because she got pregnant or found some guy she had the hots for.

Dex-chan lover
I'd love to enjoy this sweet romance, but every chapter fills me with dread that she'll give up everything she's worked for to get hitched while he gets to keep everything. He'll get minimal criticism, while she'll live the rest of her life enduring criticisms for supposedly sleeping her way into power. Admittedly she'll probably be criticized by everyone no matter what she does, but I'd like it if this doesn't just end up being another story where a hard-working career women gives up/loses everything either because she got pregnant or found some guy she had the hots for.
Everybody is supporting them tho, calm down

Aggregator gang
i agree with the sentiment :( i'll see how the landing sticks. for now i'm trying to look at this through the lens of an optimistic but earnest ending, for the fact that they are meditating on paul's feelings quite a bit at least.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't that tension the main part of the last 40-ish chapters? Paul does feel attracted to him, but a) Feels unworthy of those feelings and b) Doesn't want to overshadow her accomplishments as a knight by becoming the royal consort. What I'm hoping for is for Paul to learn to see that her accomplishments as a knight are worthy of earning the love of her emperor. Once that happens, rumors be damned, ride that pony babeeeee!

I don't think it will be a perfect ending but with how conscious the story has been about the struggles she's faced so far and the struggles the other female characters have had to deal with, I don't think it will end with her losing everything. Whether she becomes queen or some sort of queen knight, I think she will make the position her own and gain respect by doing so. But first, she needs to acknowledge her feelings!

Dex-chan lover
Holding hands! The ultimate of lewdness! When did this manwha cross into hentai territory!

Dex-chan lover
lmao shy bbgirl lucius and newly awakened h*rny pauliana yall are chaotic and i love u for it

that and i think that the creators will give us a well balanced fairy tale ending
as some other ppl have said, the entirety of this story has been around how pauliana broke the mold and refused to confirm to societal expectations
how other women even when not so obvious, were defiant in their own ways

that and lol aino (?) got his happily ever after with cekel (?)

so like more evidence that despite some devastating twists and turns, this webtoon is usually p kind and indulgent to us readers so i bet theyll have paul be able to be both queen and a knight
that some folks may complain and judge but theyll quickly see how wrong they were happily ever after yay yay yay

آه ، ما مدى سعادتي لبوليانا لأنها تستحق شخصًا مثل لوسيوس ، الذي يحبها ، ويهتم بها ، ويخشى عليها ، لكنني أيضًا أريدها أن تحتفظ بكل شيء حصلت عليه لأنها عملت بجد ، فهي تستحق كل شيء. 🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

Dex-chan lover
Isn't that tension the main part of the last 40-ish chapters? Paul does feel attracted to him, but a) Feels unworthy of those feelings and b) Doesn't want to overshadow her accomplishments as a knight by becoming the royal consort. What I'm hoping for is for Paul to learn to see that her accomplishments as a knight are worthy of earning the love of her emperor. Once that happens, rumors be damned, ride that pony babeeeee!
He can just step down and let his brother rule. He has the capacity to sacrifice for his love too. In fact earlier on back when he thought she couldn't have a child, he planned to do exactly that. That's the ending I'd prefer.

I don't want to dismiss your concerns, but I believe these last few chapters have focused on the long-awaited open romance between Paul and Lucius as a bit of payoff for all the buildup. The two do still exist in a patriarchal society, however, and Paul's fear of losing her position and title still exists and hasn't been fully addressed by the other characters - they still expect her to conform to expectation. I think it likely these feelings will resurface once we're through the "OK but can I REALLY love the Emperor?" part.

don't worry y'all, if the novel is anything to go by, pauliana will meet the end of this arc on her own terms (not gonna give anything away)!!

i just really love this manhwa urgh 🥹

Fed-Kun's army
Hahaha 🤣… I miss their little prince.. I hope we see him again next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Let us pray for the health of the Emperor, I'm not sure he'll survive but he'll die happy....

Users who are viewing this thread