The Kouhai who Went from Introvert to Influencer - Ch. 4

Group Leader
As someone who developed permanent tinnitus out of nowhere like this, this chapter hit especially hard. I still remember the sheer anxiety and sleepless nights. Take care of your ears folks.

Edit: I figured I'd add for people interested/concerned, tinnitus can easily come from stress! That's how I got it! (I was tested to hell and back and have no discernable hearing loss or ear damage). That's why this chapter hurt so much to read, because it's exactly what happened to me.

It all stared with a single ring like you get sometimes when your sinuses are stuffed or whatever, but then it didn't go away when I woke up the next morning. What's worse, it only started to spread to the other ear. After that, you watch your entire daily routine crumble. Your places of relaxation are no longer, you're hearing the noise(s) from the moment you wake up until you go to sleep. You can't be in a silent environment because it intensifies the noise, you also can't focus on it because it intensifies it, you can't relax by yourself without putting some kind of white noise to mask the soundd, you can't fall asleep easily because the sound bothers you, and all of this makes you more anxious/tired which in turn exacerbates your symptoms and the tinnitus, spiraling your mental health out of control.

It took a good part of half a year of intense medication and therapy to learn to accept this is my life now and to start adapting to it. I'm thankfully mostly ok now but sometimes the ringing changes and I almost have panic attacks, terrified of it getting worse. I do not wish this condition on my worst enemy.

So please take care of mental health and your ears. There's no going back once it happens.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
As someone who developed permanent tinnitus out of nowhere like this, this chapter hit especially hard. I still remember the sheer anxiety and sleepless nights. Take care of your ears folks
permanent tinnitus? Greetings brother. Im coming up soon to my 25th anniversary with the shit :(
Edit; Context.
Early days disco, before sound limits was put in. My ears got damaged by the music level. 18% loss on the left side, 15% of the right and a permanent ringing sound.. I was lucky i guess.

Group Leader
Definitely the right thing to do, bud! She can't keep forcing her body like that, she needs some proper rest, help her!!!
permanent tinnitus? Greetings brother. Im coming up soon to my 25th anniversary with the shit :(
Edit; Context.
Early days disco, before sound limits was put in. My ears got damaged by the music level. 18% loss on the left side, 15% of the right and a permanent ringing sound.. I was lucky i guess.
I got tinnitus too, I've been having it since ages ago I don't even remember when it started, all I know is that I've probably been having it since 6-7 years old and I'm already 25 lmao

Never forget, if you don't take time to take care of your body, your body will MAKE time.
Be it at the expense of your life if necessary :cry:

Dex-chan lover
I had a small streamer friend who's hearing one day went out in one ear... I don't think it ever really came back, but it was devestating to see them lose such a big chunk of their life... I hope they're doing alright...

Dex-chan lover
That feels like a reasonably real take on streaming vs some other manga that just shows it as "playing games online" - pushing yourself to stream longer, the anxiety to keep streaming every day to not lose people's interest, with a reasonable possibility of falling back months or years in terms of viewers, the trap of parasocial relationships not only on viewers, but also on streamer's side (I think it might be a real issue for streamers who do not socialize and network, thus at least forming relationships with other streamers).

On the other hand, unlike what MC said, I think that people who watch cute girl play games would be totally fine with her doing an hour or two of IRL for a while to recover her health, while also keeping the engagement going. Of course, it's more reasonable for her to just rest, but streaming game is what it is - only a selected few can take longer breaks and come back like nothing happened.

Double-page supporter
Damn. I also can’t hear out of my right ear. Tho I guess I was lucky since I was born with that condition rather then develop it so I grew up with it and later got a hearing aid. Still a major inconvenience tho the whole world sounds unbalanced most of the time.

Dex-chan lover
I'm lucky my tinnitus is pretty low grade, it's usually just a very dull background whine that as long as I'm not in COMPLETE silence is really easy to ignore. Every once in a while, like once every few weeks max, I'll get an event where it spikes up really loud, but thankfully I can quiet it by pressure regulating my ears by putting my palms over both to seal them and takings breaths or massaging my ears with my palms slowly. Probably doesn't help much if you're someone with a more intense version of it, but depending on the cause of your tinnitus and grade it's worth a shot to keep it in check if you haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I've had tinnitus for about two years now. Seems entirely proportional to how little sleep I've had the past couple nights. I consider myself fortunate that at least it's something I can (marginally) control, as not all my friends are that lucky. A guy I game with spontaneously lost all hearing in his right ear from some viral infection which makes tabletop gaming a lot trickier to handle.

While kouhai-chan can't be fixed, MC can heal her. Looking forward to... whenever the author decides to get there :02:

Users who are viewing this thread