The Magnificent Grand Scene - Vol. 16 Ch. 82 - Mend

Dex-chan lover
So, the author not only wrote the manga based on her knowledge, but also consulted various people from the ballet?

@Beregorn wait for what?

Group Leader
@SuperOniichan Yeah, she's been consulting since the very beginning. She's also attended YAGP and visited Royal Ballet School, amongst other places in Europe, in part to write this manga.

And the wait refers to this volume ending. I've only worked with tankoubons rather than magazines so far, so chapters have been coming out in clusters every four-six months instead of monthly.

Group Leader
@SuperOniichan She did ballet in her teens, but what she wants to write about is more ambitious than that, so yes, she gets the help that she needs to improve the authenticity and fidelity of the story that she wants to tell. Which is commendable.

Dex-chan lover
Any translation for the note in the back?

@EnduranceProtocol Reminds me of Fuyumi Soryo who works with a Renaissance scholar for Cesare. Although if you've ever seen Cuvie's twitter she's also a pretty clear westaboo with an interest in western history and art (and indie/alt rock).

Dex-chan lover
@Suben @EnduranceProtocol Bearing in mind how the author of Bokura no Hentai interviewed trans people before writing her work, it is not uncommon. It just always seemed to me that she was something of a ballet geek.

Dex-chan lover
@EnduranceProtocol I assume this was the end of the volume so thanks for your hard work like always. Without you doing this, many of us would probably never had heard of this series, let alone be able to read it (I know there are officially released stuff now but that's still only at volume 10, whereas this was 14).

Nice that the volume ended on a good note here, with friendships being mended. And Abby didn't pull any stunts. Yet. It's really just a matter of time at this point.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you! I’m glad they resolved the tensions quickly and we are getting to see more of the dance!

Dex-chan lover
@TakeiDaloui Considering the last release (volume 10) of the English version was November of 2019 and before that it'd had a pretty consistent release schedule of every two or three months I have a feeling that the licensor may have dropped it. Which is a shame but I do hope it gets picked up by a publisher willing to give it a physical release.

Dex-chan lover
@Suben Really? Damn. That's a pain, though maybe it will let it be picked up physically. When it's a book on a shelf, people can sometimes come across it more easily when it's a more obscure digital title.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I think it really is a shame this never got a physical release because this is definitely a manga I would love to buy and put on my shelf

I'm so happy whenever I get to read this manga. Huge respect to cuvie for doing research and consulting pros. It would be amazing if a pro ballet dancer would read this series and gave her reaction and thoughts just like how doctors would react to cells at work lol.

I just found this series and binged on everything 😄 I absolutely love it. Thank you for the wonderful translations ♥️

And that's volume 16. Thanks for the translation as always, really great job. Waiting for the new volume. Should be out around march - April maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread