The Man Who Killed Nobunaga - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Traitor

Dex-chan lover
like Caesar and Napoleon, Nobunaga was a mad man

Group Leader
i know this is a manga, but was Mitsuhide really crucified historically?
afaik, it was something done to the kirishitan

Aggregator gang
Yeah I think Ieyasu was the guy who persuaded Akechi to rebel and promised to ally with him only to back out when the moment came

Dex-chan lover
Just another conspiracy theory story to glorify a supposed ancestor, however plausible. Anyhow, few of Nobunaga enemies actually rally around Akechi. His actions were either not well thought out or were so unexpected nobody had time to act.

Dex-chan lover
This kind of tastes like propaganda, but fine lets read what the man has to say.

@Ceeslay
Racist?
I mean, sure call him traitor or whatever, but Racist feels like a random thing to call him. If you're talking about how he supposedly treated Yasuke, I mean everyone treated him like that, because dark skinned people were 1 in a billion for the normal japanese man.

@JetKinen Then that just means Akechi isn't the only racist and no not everyone was racist to Yasuke, Oda Nobunaga took him under his wing and he served in his charge.

@Ceeslay
Nobunagga literally ordered people to try to scrub the blackness out of Yaauke. He thought it was dirt.

A Black Man was essentially an alien to any Japanese man. It's pure anachronism to expect people to not think they are weird.

@JetKinen Then the whole situations fucked, I can no longer take even flanderized versions of their character seriously anymore.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ceeslay now i know this is hard for you to understand but if you manage to bring up your total active brain cells to at least double digits you'd be able to tell that it's obvious that a bunch of japs in the 16th century would have no idea what a black man is
for all they knew he could've been a youkai because he looked like no person they had ever seen before

Dex-chan lover
Re-reading this now. Just realize that Page 12 looks more like Hideyoshi's portrait rather than Ieyasu's.

Users who are viewing this thread