The Most Notorious "Talker" Runs the World's Greatest Clan

After partially reading partially skimming the WN, here are my thoughts:

The MC feels really ruthless for no good reason. Selling off traitors who stole his money is one thing, but then in the next arc he'll go to a village where they are being plagued by bandits. He'll reveal at the end that the last time he knew they were scamming him and that this time they lied about the number of bandits and the spoils of the bandits, and then the chief and his wife tried to poison him to steal his stuff. It makes sense to punish them, but then he just goes and rips out the man's right eye in front of his daughter. That's just cruel for no good reason. The village chief was also ridiculously stupid and literally fell for a scam where he bought geese that he thought would lay golden eggs. The author passes it off as the MC being surprised when it's literally true, but it doesn't feel like a good joke and would have been better served to have a proper scam.

Later it's also revealed that Tania actually truly loved MC and only ran off with the money because she got addicted to gambling due to following the other guy around to try and stop him from gambling. It kind of makes sense but still feels contrived that she'd just run off instead of begging the MC for help. It's not like it's impossible to justify, but it didn't feel well done with the explanation, which makes it feel like a plot hole even though it technically isn't.

The story also has him realising he'll become the greatest Seeker by using others. So the title is quite literally about running the greatest clan. No hidden secret class or forging a new path as a Talker. If that's what you want I guess it's decent, but it definitely doesn't live up to what the premise seems to be about. It also goes all mafioso with the MC being extremely ruthless in order to gain power, which leaves a bad taste in my mouth due to how unnecessary it seems at times and it isn't interesting enough as a mafia thriller story to look past it.

Overall I'd rate it about a 6.5/10.

Double-page supporter
@SnowingSilently Tanks for the details of what to expect from this. I can see some efforts being made to make this unique, but I feel as though it isn’t enough to be exciting or good. It could have been done better, but just because it isn’t a copy-paste and the MC isn’t a pussy, I’ll continue to read this. I will keep your review in mind.

The fuck is up with the MC wearing a fur lined trenchcoat? I mean like honestly this is so stereotypical for an MC in manga. See SAO, In another world with a smartphone, slime tensei, etc.

I can't stand the visual design of the MC. He's a girl. From his long hair and complete girl body and personality as a kid to his design as an adult, he looks like a tomboy who they only called a guy cuz maybe some readers either would prefer to read male MCs or cuz of readers who get off on girly boys.

Idk but Im dropping. Maybe I'll come back but I don't like this MC design. Idc if they say it's a "dude", it's a girl. I guess reverse trap? Idk. If they wanted a female MC they should've made one not done this bait and switch.

@Opticalwinter he doesn't look like a girl though... yes he has childish features, because he is still a child in comparison, but thats it. His build is clearly a guys, fashion choices are over the top but whatever, still work well. And oh no, he has long hair, definitely a girl /s
The fact that he looks like a girl to you is a you problem, and just reflects your tastes I guess, but everything about him is a guy, an edgy teenage guy but definitely a guy

Nothing much to say just gonna rate it 10/10
Also God Bless the taste of those who rated it below 8.

Fed-Kun's army
I ignored this one for the longest time because of how much the title made me laugh/cringe (still not as bad as "The Strongest Abandoned Son" lmao), but it's actually not so bad. It's your typical edgefest fantasy story where the whole story is set up to just show how cruel/ruthless the MC can be (as of now). It's basically just a satisfying revenge/justice/karma story, for better or worse. The artstyle is mainly what's keeping me reading, though.

Never expected for this to be pretty good. I really thought it is going to be those fast pace nonesense one where you don't know shit anymore. But this one has a great pacing that you didn't know that the first chapters were actually prologue.

good rating but lets see
i made the experience that the rating can be false (for me)

ok another one that is kinda overated cause u cant make the fact that u used the ... is the weakest class better
dude if ur story is good stop adding that shit who needs that just say its not fit for fighting and thats it for example this one could be the job of a merchant so....

jo that kid did a lot of training but is still weaker then some rdm kiddos of course u cant at least run away after 20km every day like wtf

and another thing about the class cant u make a group with like 11 of them and stack the effect of the buff like if its a 20% buff that 3 times that what u normally have so pretty good

before someone says the numbers are different in the story of course they are I just guessed what a reasonable amount would be and i wrote my whole comment after reading the first chapter

after reading chapter 13 i can say its good but the mc himself is a little bit too weak for my taste especially because he does training every day in rl that dude would have the body of a body builder and I think with that kind of body u should be able to do some dmg

ps: thats probably one of my longest comments actually i think this is the longest one

ehhh i don't like this........
this is weird.......
why high ratings?????
this is too strangee

me no likey this manga

Contributor
Yo

https://sevenseasentertainment.com/2021/02/25/talk-it-up-seven-seas-licenses-the-most-notorious-talker-runs-the-worlds-greatest-clan-light-novel-and-manga-series/

Dex-chan lover
Yes! It got licensed! I’ll be pre-ordering both manga and light novels! 🙌

Users who are viewing this thread