The Otome Heroine's Fight for Survival - Vol. 3 Ch. 14

Dex-chan lover
I think that Aria and Elena have a cute relationship, and that it can be expanded more, as others have mentioned.

I suppose that oath will prove to be important in the future.

Thanks for translating!

Dex-chan lover
wow the famous kidnapping thief known as the "the kidnapper"? say less
Thanks for the chapter
Indeed, why couldn't she have called herself "The Crusher" or "The Slayer", ir even better, change proffession from thief to murderer, use a magical notebook and have people call her "Killer".

Dex-chan lover
It seems that even though they're going their separate ways the two girls have a precious link. I wish they weren't going their separate ways though.

Dex-chan lover
Indeed, why couldn't she have called herself "The Crusher" or "The Slayer", ir even better, change proffession from thief to murderer, use a magical notebook and have people call her "Killer".
She could have just take jobs to deliver things, and they call her "The Transporter" in the business.

Dex-chan lover
Still curious about the "Villainess". Unlike MC villainess characters, this one seems to be scared out of her mind, like, constantly. That lack of confidence and constant fear of death is going to bite her in the ass for sure.

Dex-chan lover
Still curious about the "Villainess". Unlike MC villainess characters, this one seems to be scared out of her mind, like, constantly. That lack of confidence and constant fear of death is going to bite her in the ass for sure.
The game actually has 2 "proper" villainesses, the first is Clara, which is a reincarnated person who has the typical "I need to crush flags" mindset. The second is the psycho yandere Carla who was experimented upon by her family to obtain insane magical powers but at the cost of destroying her body and cutting her life down to almost nothing. Spoilers ahead for both.

Clara started out trying to avoid her "villainess" route like your typical reincarnated person, however after living in the world, she came to actually fall in love with her fiancé. This leads her to do things that her game counter part would do, like sending assassins, directing a hoard of demons towards the capital, etc. She even muses at one point that the game version of herself that she knows may not have been a different person at all, and may have just been her to begin with.

A bit of a preface to this part, but Carla is my favorite character, so I will gush a bit about her. Carla as stated before is a daughter of a well known family that produced strong magicians for generations. However Carla herself was born mostly normal, as in average abilities. Her father then experimented on her which gave her the ability to use all attributes but since having more magical attributes cuts down on your life span, anyone can guess what happened. After she "broke" like Elena she was to be cast out as a failure, however she is still basically a monster and kills 2 of her old brothers and threatens her father who decides to bide his time and use her for his advantage. Carla has since lived her life with one goal in mind: Destroy her family and kingdom in the most horrific way possible so that not only will they no longer exist in the future, but stain any honor, pride and legacy they had. That is until she met our MC, Aria. Now the narration for her is closer to a love struck girl. In the game that Clara knows, Carla was obsessed with the prince, in a "I want to break that pureness" type way. This Carla loves Aria, she loves her stoic loner aura, she loves her unrelenting drive for power to fight her fate, and above all, she loves Aria bathed in blood. All of her previous motivations just become pale in comparison to her obsession with Aria, all of it becomes things that she wants to set up for their inevitable fight. The stage she envisioned she would stand with Aria is that of the kingdom on fire, rivers of blood flowing, the broken mangled bodies of the kingdom's leaders (her father, the king, the prince, etc) before them as their audience. And finally, Aria's dagger buried in Carla's chest, as Carla's blood covers Aria and Aria's blood covers her. Carla will kill Aria, and Aria will kill Carla, that is the future she will strive for no matter what she will has to pay for. Whenever Carla and Aria meet throughout the story, it is nearly always with Aria asking "Is it time?" to which Carla will reply "The stage isn't ready yet.", they then trade info and possibly act together for a common goal. To put into context how the scenes normally play out, we'd have Carla gently approach Aria and place her hand on her face, before using her nail to make a cut on Aria's face so she'd draw blood, and Aria would place her hand on Carla's neck, ready to crush it at a moment's notice. All this time Carla stares longingly into Aria's eyes imagining their "ending" together. To simply put Carla's mindset can best be summed up as "ARIA ARIA ARIA ARIA ARIA ARIA ARIA ARIA more power ARIA ARIA ARIA ARIA ARIA ARIA".

Banned
to anyone reading the light novels or webcomic, how yuri will this be? Dont tell me Aria will develop feelings for some idiotic prince or something? feel free to spoil me!

Double-page supporter
to anyone reading the light novels or webcomic, how yuri will this be? Dont tell me Aria will develop feelings for some idiotic prince or something? feel free to spoil me!
In the translation I've been reading, it's sadly not explicitly yuri and I'm not certain it's meant to be yuri-esque but speaking as a yuri enjoyer, it's super yuri.

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna miss combat maid a lot; but that's just the maid enthusiast in me talking.

Thanks for the translation.

They did touch upon it a bit, but I do agree had they spent another chapter trying to help establish that kindred-ship between them, it probably would've gone over better and felt less rushed. Still love the chapter, though! Hopefully, we will get to see Elena more to help deepen their relationship with one another, whether it's friendship or potential yuri. (I'm not opposed to either possibility.)

Looking forward to the next chapter!
Totally agree! Another chapter with interactions btw the girls would've been good after realizing they were kindred spirits (and having similar upbringings)

Dex-chan lover
didn't even realise but she's gotten taller
Yeah, her growth is quite insane. There was a brief mention in an early chapter, but magic makes her grow up faster. It's the same for everyone who gets good at magic, which in practice means a lot of nobles grow faster.

But, somehow I feel like the bond between Alicia and Elena feel forced to be that strong. Is it just me didn't really get it while reading or the artist failed to bring enough emotion to build that strong bond or maybe the story just like that.
The pace of the manga is a lot faster than the LN, so that makes things seem easier and a bit more shallow. I think they could've spent more page length on many things.

Double-page supporter
People claiming leaning maid skills is useless to an adventurer like Aria are forgetting a key point: Aria is of noble blood, and if she’s caught as being one, she’s gonna have to know how to handle situations dealing with that nobility.

Combat maids allows her to learn two useful skills at once.

Users who are viewing this thread