The Rebirth of an 8th Circled Wizard - Vol. 2 Ch. 51

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't mind the villainous protagonist if he actually was one from the start instead of the jarring switch a few chapters back.

Dex-chan lover
@twinklecake
I agree. There are so many villainous MC nowadays. The MC is so hateful I wonder why the author portrayed him as a good guy even though he is just a hypocritical asshole.

Double-page supporter
@jhs_reika
There are so many villainous MC nowadays. The MC is so hateful I wonder why the author portrayed him as a good guy even though he is just a hypocritical asshole.
The funny thing is, most of those is the author just pretending their MC is a villain and have them act virtuously or at most in a shade of neutrality, whereas here we get an author building up how big of a hero this MC is, but it's never shown in the way he acts, only as past memories.

The worst thing is that I don't think this author is doing it intentionally, but that also makes it kind of funny.

@twinklecake
I wouldn't mind the villainous protagonist if he actually was one from the start instead of the jarring switch a few chapters back.
No he was always like this overall, with a few moments of the author trying extra hard to make him appear good.
Remember how the first thing he does is kick his never before seen servant in the face?

Right out of the gate he acts like the typical antagonistic "young master" that the MC ends up teaching humility.

HYgBfsX.png

Dex-chan lover
@Degernase
Ah yes. I think I get used to so many ex-villain that then acted like a good guy in their attempt to avoid death flags or revenge or something.
In this manhua, the MC was an ex-hero that suddenly acted like a villain in his second life. Still, the author still tried to make it like the MC was some kind of a dark hero or something even though there were nothing good in many of his egoistic and narrowminded deeds. Rather, he is a menace. At least he is better than the evil king?

Double-page supporter
@jhs_reika
Yeah it's funny how the author keeps trying to justify his actions but fails and just has him look evil and petty.

"Look at me I'm doing bad stuff, Haha! Jokes on you, I was only pretending to be evil by doing evil stuff to advance my goals, which are actually noble!"
"What do you mean it was unnecessary?"

Also its contrasted oddly with how he is portrayed as just your typical hero in backflashes, but I guess the author is maybe trying to show how his execution changed him? Though that's giving the author a lot of credit.

Users who are viewing this thread