The Rising of the Shield Hero - Vol. 26 Ch. 105 - The Day the Game Ended

Dex-chan lover
The anime (and I assume LN) made him out to think this was all a video game, right? I kind of hope he just acts like a narcissist without involving games here, because the game thing was dumb. If Ren's just a douche in general, him getting corrected will be much easier to accept.

Though, Naofumi is right; the people of that world are garbage. They treated him like that, but now they ride him like he's their sugar daddy. It's tough being in the right.
Nah they've shown that here as well. Mostly with the dragon early on

Group Leader
Alright, now this is getting really interesting! We're finally back to the premise of the story but with the tables turned!

I feel for Ren, he thought he could take on a Superboss without even knowing that thing was 100 levels above him and his party.
And now he has to carry on the weight of his party's death for the rest of his life, all because of his lack of skills as a proper leader.

And now Naofumi faces the biggest challenge he's ever had to - be a therapist!

Group Leader
From the three heroes, Ren is kinda the one that seems like he can become better. I think the issue is he is the youngest and still think the world is a game. But he is quite good with his team mates although he is a loner. If from the beginning it’s just him and Motoyasu, I think it will be fine. The one I want to punch the most is Itsuki.
Motoyasu is an imbecile, but he does want to do good. The problem is that he's just too stupid to understand the things he's doing are not right, and with Bitch inflating his ego, he ended up being loyal to the worst type of person he possibly could have. Seriously, if he can get over his stupidity and stop thinking with his lower head, he would be so much better!

Itsuki, on the other hand, seems to be just a douche.

Dex-chan lover
The bandits are from bonus chapter 12.5. they brought them back after what, 5 years?

Dex-chan lover
will we ever gonna see the three heroes as likeable character?
Ren at the very least will be a much more humble, respectable individual willing to (perhaps a bit too much) take responsibility for all of his screw ups throughout the series and basically among the 4 heroes acts as his #2. Motoyasu... well, how he winds up is much better for fighting the waves at least, but as an individual, it's better to say he's too broken to actually be considered a person, more just an insane lunatic, so it's more just point him at the waves, and try to minimize the possible collateral. And Itsuki pretty much winds up an empty shell of a being once the dust settles for him.

Dex-chan lover
Let the fucker break, cant start repairing him until hes broken. Smash his world into tiny pieces and then put it back together, correctly this time

Dex-chan lover
Basically, loner got a position of a team leader (poor quality resource management, why I'm getting flashbacks), without his communication skills underestimated his devoted followers (from the side stories, they were really nice people but didn't understood shut-in's, medieval times education system is probably worse than our times) now he "just" needs to realise what went wrong...

Dex-chan lover
Rough. That bit of his party actually liking him made the wipeout 200% more horrifying.
Yeah, Rens crew were actually good people
Naofumi considered recruiting them but backed off when he saw that they were actually loyal.

his only complaint was that none of them were particularly amazing.

Dex-chan lover
Naofumi PTSD therapist arc letsgo

Though I gotta say Ren got the most fucked up result of it, like worse than Naofumi's start since at least the shield hero had some possibility of justice to look forward to. Ren just has himself to blame for it and everyone hates him for it too, with maybe the sole exception being Naofumi who also pretty much went through the "homeless in another world" arc.

Users who are viewing this thread