The Saint's Magic Power Is Omnipotent - Vol. 4 Ch. 16.3 - Another Saintess Part 3

Dex-chan lover
Oh, it's this thing again.
Lets see if this manga will have the prince slapping Liz or if he'll be lenient enough to just shoo her away. Because him stopping to listen to her explanation of the situation is obviously not an option.

I'm glad Aria is pretty sympathetic in this one. The 'prettier-summoned-girl' is usually painted as pretty damn evil in stories like these.

lmao its incredible how much one (or two) character(s) can make me not want to read a manga where i love everyone else 🙄 i do feel bad for aria but at this point i dont really care for her either when the prince is telling off someone on her behalf when said person hasnt even said anything remotely rude. can there be a spin off manga without aria and kyle bc id rather read that at this point

Dex-chan lover
@domo404 we're talking about why he didn't do anything -after- word of Sei started spreading and after the guilt of Aria hit him. I mean it's pretty obvious he ignored her before cause she wasn't pretty looking. We all know he screwed up there. We're just trying to figure out the inconsistency with his motives for babying Aria, and is further ignoring Sei after the fact.

Our Liz deserves better than this idiotic buffoon of a prince, heck I doubt he would even make a decent ruler of the country, I just hope he has siblings.

Dex-chan lover
@beleth thats mostly in otomes where the MC is the villainness or close to the villainness, in double summoned cases the 2nd person is just neutral, or sometimes straight up stupid, as the girl in the white cat, where she legit is practically starting a war

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi
no one told Aria (yet) tho
As seen in this chapter, the prince already meddle before Liz even finished said something
not to mention Aria is a teenager and an only daughter who got all her parents attention since she was born, she CAN'T be an independent girl all of a sudden, not if she live in the golden cage created by the prince. she need someone to teach her to unlock the golden cage
also, she already did a good job all things considered, it's not like she keep crying on end on her bedroom, she study and tried to learn everything they teach to her

Dex-chan lover
@primrosea Aria -literally- thinks "She's another one telling me not to get close to people's fiances" that means people have told her <.< or are you saying she's too dumb to know that being close to someone's fiance is a problem? And yes she -can- be socially independent. In japan some highschoolers live alone dude. She doesn't -need- to cling to the prince. Yes she's traumatized, but she's not even trying to recover, and that is on her. She can easily ask him to -stop-. If he doesn't stop then, then yeah it's on the prince, but she hasn't made any effort to change things.

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi What else should she do? The Prince (though not intentionally) made sure nobody gets close to her so she has literary nobody else to rely on. Do remember that everyone else is not only a stranger but a Person from a whole other world for her and unlike our MC she never had the chance to properly integrate herself. Elizabeth is probably the first one that approached her in a friendly manner on this ... and her comes the idiot Prince.

Dex-chan lover
@WillLi
as I said, she's been dependant all her life, she can't be independent all of a sudden, many high schooler in Japan live alone sure, but it usually because they wanted to and/or have prepared to do so
not to mention she has to live in another world entirely, not just different town or country
Also remember culture shock, she doesn't think she's that close to their fiancee since for her they all just bodyguard of sorts but for other ladies it seems like she's real close to them

@WillLi doesn’t sound like she was one of those independent high schoolers who lived alone, though. Seems like she still lives with her parents. The only independent thing about her we know of so far is that she was going to go to the convenience store to buy food.

Anyways, it looks like while Aira is aware that being close with other people’s fiances is a problem, it doesn’t seem like she sees any other options. Take into account that, considering the setting, most if not all male nobles are likely to be engaged at this point. Perhaps the prince has trust issues and the only ones he trust to look after Aira can be counted on one hand (and all engaged because they’re nobles). She has zero idea about the social etiquette of this world and likely doesn’t know how close is too close (as discussed in the previous chapter). She also likely doesn’t know how to deal with the prince. Perhaps she’s afraid of appearing ungrateful or incur his anger if she questioned any of the decisions he’s making for her.

The biggest thing holding Aira back, however, is fear. Fear of what might happen to her if she were to be left alone in this strange new world, which is very understandable. It would not surprise me in the least if the prince made her afraid of this world by implying that everyone else cannot be trusted, considering how hard it is for Aira to trust anyone outside the prince’s circle (there’s a line about that in this chapter). She’s probably also unaware of the prince’s stupidity and is believing every single word that’s coming out of his mouth so far.

If Aira really wanted to, she could probably separate herself from the prince and become independent. It’s just that the prospect of doing so, especially in unfamiliar territory, is terrifying for her. It’s not out of laziness or due to her wallowing in self pity, but due to a very real fear of the outside world. This is where Sei and Liz come in. Liz was about to show Aira that there’s an option that’s not so scary at all, but then... look at the way the prince reacted there. It’s highly likely that the prince implied if not outright told Aira that Liz wasn’t to be trusted soon afterward.

Dex-chan lover
I guess narrator-san told us the story from the perspective of Aria. But I doubt it's as clean as it has been described.

@alidan: That's nearly the utter most favorable light to present the situation. Well, I'm sure, this is how the prince sees himself, but why isn't he interested in the fate of the second summon person, Sei? ... I have a more sinister impression on him. A counterpart of your picture, if you want.
He assumed right from the beginning, that Aria is the saintess and discarded MC. Why? Because he liked her looks. It is rather obvious, that he is smitten by Aria, as so far he showed the typical scumbag prince behavior in the shown situation. And he is keeping her away from everything, that might end her dependence from him.
Here are my two cents on this matter:
Maybe he was fascinated by the idea of summoning the saintess for a long time. As you pointed out he might not be in love with his fiance. Maybe because she is too bright for him. It might have been something she did or said when they have been younger or how she has been presented to him. Maybe some fool always took her as a prime example for good behavior. "You should do this. Your fiance can do this easily. You don't want to make a fool out of yourself, do you?" So he doesn't like her and doesn't want to merry her. But how can he escape? The answer: The saintess. If he would merry the saintess nobody would complain. I believe the prince fell in love with the saintess even before they summoned Aria. And then Aria appeared, a much shyer girl in a weak position. Jackpot! And she even cried...while I do believe he did feel remorse at that moment, I do believe that bastard was also glad deep down, because he could console her.
Even though he would never admit it, not even to himself, he wants to dominate her live. From his position he picked up a poor baby bird with broken wing and is doing everything he can do to pamper her ba....to make her life with him worthwhile. What a great guy. Those psychological behaviors and the damage, that follows suite, are not well known in his world, I assume. As such I fear, that not even the prince himself is aware, that what he does (cutting her off, so that she stays the way she is) is very creepy.

Here comes the million dollar question: Assume, there would be a magic spell to transfer Aria's miasma cleaning powers to a knight and send her home. No loopholes attached. And only he alone learned just about it. Do you believe he would prepare everything and tell others right away? No real chances anybody else might stumble about it! It's his exclusive knowledge, that is exists and in which books to look for it or which mage to ask. ... She even cried in front of him, but do you really believe he would do it without hesitation?

I know, I would hesitate. I believe this to be normal. I also hope I would hesitate only for a second. But that second is the moment of truth. The length of the hesitation determines how much of a scumbag that prince is.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for these chapters again. finally some insight into the other girl. it's a bit bothersome though that we only get these very short chapters, but at least they come in decent rate.

Dex-chan lover
Shut the fuck up, prince. Liz is doing your job for you.

Yeah, it would be wonderful if she, Sei, and Aira could get along. This poor girl needs a lifeline other than a jackass who doesn't think about anything. It would certainly be a first step in becoming more independent.

Dex-chan lover
Kyle can kindly fall in a ditch. Sei and Aria really just need to meet. I don't even remotely understand why Aria hasn't tried yet, considering how starved she is for normalcy. She clearly knows of her by now if not when it first happened. Being with someone else going through the same thing should be a beacon for her.

Group Leader
I am actually super thrilled that no one is a villainess. Bless this stroke of genius. ^7^/

Users who are viewing this thread