The Story Between a Dumb Prefect and a High School Girl with an Inappropriate Skirt Length - Vol. 13 Ch. 65 - The story about the dumb newcomer and h…

Double-page supporter
Old Pomu:
dAMYNaW.png

Pomu after Volume 11:
0pME3Qv.png

I guess I'll admit, It took me 3 issues into volume 12 to even realize that new Pomu was Pomu. With the first chapter being the sisters introduction, I thought she was a new character until someone called out her name. The art style is similar, but it just feels different to me. And maybe this is anecdotal, but there is less detail in and up close shots. I remember tons of super detailed, almost overly detailed shots of faces when people were freaking out or getting angry. So many new panels just have : D as the face.

I would've preferred if you said which chapter you got the first page from to make my life easier but whatever.
I took a look at other pages myself and nothing's really suggested a new artist was brought in, maybe a new assistant but we'll never get info like that out of the industry. In reality it's just the author's style and abilities adapting over time. At least thats why it looks so different the further the gap is.

However your claim that there's a sudden change after Volume 11? I can't see it. It could be the mangaka's going through a busier time and thus cracks might be appearing (for lack of a better phrase) but nothing substantial. But until the mangaka confirms or denies anything directly we'll never truly know.

Dex-chan lover
It’s clear the artist has improved their art / learned how to streamline draw their characters. It’s not a different artist

Dex-chan lover
A lot of artists style changes over time look at araki with JoJo part 1 to part 5 and hiro Mashima with rave master to edens zero
I don't think I noticed any substantial differences, to my eye it appears to be the same style, and artist's personal styles/approaches tend to evolve and change slightly over time/the course of a given work anyway.

Could you give an example or something of where you think there's a particularly noticeable difference or something?

I don't mean to call you out or anything, but I want to understand your perspective more - and what drew you to that conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
Seeing the characters is a shounen environment was cool but like

aghghghghgh you stupid author just progress the story I’m tired of diversions I don’t care about heroine dad’s financial woes or what hero’s sister does in manga club aghhhghghghhggyyy

Dex-chan lover
this chapter was pretty crazy but that is to be expected xD

Dex-chan lover
I have never felt such whiplash from manga like reading the opening to this chapter. Was so lost for a minute there

Man, it kinda feels like this manga has hit a snag recently. It had solid progression in earlier volumes and the main characters’ relationship was actually moving, but now it feels bogged down with side stories that are funny, but feel irrelevant. I mean, I think it’s actually been 5+ chapters since we’ve even seen the main couple interact.

Aggregator gang
Man, it kinda feels like this manga has hit a snag recently. It had solid progression in earlier volumes and the main characters’ relationship was actually moving, but now it feels bogged down with side stories that are funny, but feel irrelevant. I mean, I think it’s actually been 5+ chapters since we’ve even seen the main couple interact.
i feel you, but it's as 5aturnius said...
They both say that they intend to marry each other....Like what else is there left to do? (which can be shown here anyway :)

tougo and poemu have already confessed their romantic feelings for each other and became lovers. the main plot of the manga has already concluded; there's not much to show anymore that fits the romcom bill. the manga could become a bit more serious and show the struggles tougo and poemu will face as a couple, but i don't think the manga will ever go in that direction. the author could also just write chapters of them just flirting, but that'll get old quickly. like in a real relationship, not every chapter of their lives is gonna be filled with romance and moments that makes the heart flutter.

honestly the manga should've ended when they became lovers just like every other romcom with an epilogue of some sorts, and then a side story manga should've been made for the stories the author still wants to write in the dumb prefect universe.

Double-page supporter
I don't even remember MC' and FMC' personalities and their relationship anymore...
What was their name ? :thonk:

Users who are viewing this thread