The Story of a Manga Reader Site that After Many Trials and Tribulations Reached its 6th Year of Existence!

Ada

I can not believe that it has been 6 years! I truly don't know where I would be without you all. Thank you so much!

Again, thank you all that have made this possible🥰
🥰🥰

Dex-chan lover
Its been that long? I remember it like yesterday when mangarock went down and we escaped here.

A belated Happy Birthday to MangaDex :win:
Greatly appreciate all the work you all have done.

Dex-chan lover
Hey y'all!

First of all, I want to wish a slightly belated happy birthday to us!
You better believe it we are still here and kicking, 6 years from the inception of the site. We've survived the tumultuous transition from the closing of another english speaking front-facing scanlation scene site (not unlike a certain manga-reading app), the spaghetti code our former overlord @Holo left for us on MD v1~v3 and the -not so recent now- attempted attack to our site by malicious parties which did make us go dark on hiatus and kill MD v4 (which tbh was already on life support by then), before pulling through thanks to the great effort of our volunteer devs, mods and admins as the current re-imagined MangaDex v5; which couldn't ever happened without the support of both scanlators and readers - a warm thanks to y'all.

It's time now to recap what's changed since last year. While most has been focused on internal infrastructure to support the millions of you out there, there are a couple of milestones that we can proudly share this year:
  • MangaDex daily unique users have grown almost ~30% (both readers and new scanlation teams of english and foreign language) thanks to our updated and easy to use platform and the continuous polish on our (currently on beta) language interface picker.
  • The biggest and most popular chapter release of a certain title with more than a quarter million views on the first 24hrs following it's release.
  • The impressive count of most overall chapters read, a whopping 20.5+ million on just one day.
  • And most of all, more than 3 million of you have registered to our site this past year only to use the full perks of MD (custom lists, chapter read tracking, rating, comments and more!).
Here are some features added since last year too:
  • Spanish as a site-wide interface language option.
  • Persistent settings, your user settings now synch across all your devices when logged in.
  • We added a Custom Theme creator, so you can create and share your favorite colours wrong original dark theme is the best to browse the site and read your mango.
  • Advanced Title Search update helping both our readers to find their favorite title to read and the site to survive the extensive use this feature requires from our infra.
  • Neat quality of life features for scanlators like individual image editor, auto slicer for long strip series, duplicate image warnings, scanlation group comments, and more...
And some things to be excited for the future:
  • Custom List v2.
  • The re-implementation of view chapter count.
  • Re-integration of the comment system on site (no more forum re-direct).
  • User profile customization.
Remember that you can always take a sneak-peek of these features by joining our Discord's #frontend-early-access channel.

As always, we appreciate y'alls patience and support year over year. Thank you for reading!

Now to our traditional Staff (and friend) quotes for the year:

ixlone - Admin

Lymus - Admin

Teasday - Developer

panda__________ - Developer

AlexEliot - Developer

Asyncantiunredoify - Developer

carbryvietia - Developer

Xnot - Developer

rdn - Developer

tristan9 - Developer

eralfl - Developer

Bottersnike - Developer

Zephyrus - Moderator

kouyo - Moderator

Electromaster - Moderator

Daviot - Moderator

AntsyLich - Moderator

Woulez - Moderator

glad-barfs - Moderator

Richman - Moderator

BraveDude8 - Moderator

Kafka - Moderator & PR

Henny - PR (Public Relations)

Holo - Former Overlord

Plykiya - PR (Pet Reindeer & Honorary Ex-Staff)

Bocchi - Ex-Dev & VIP

P.S. Custom theme contest participants, do not despair, winners will be announced very soon™️ :wooow:
Ok? So when is the Tags/Genres blocker? There was one last time... Getting tired of clickbaits of the tags/genres that I don't want to read at all...

Dex-chan lover
No matter how many sites I use mangadex is always the best and cleanest one. It is the perfect manga reading site with the cleanest UI.

Congratulations!
I'm really impressed at how well MD has weathered all the different things that have hit it.

Happy belated birthday. Time flies, its just like yesterday, Batoto went down - I came to Mangadex from doki. The down times, an lots of stuff. That's a nice journey.

Dex-chan lover
Wait... 6th year? Damn... So that means I ve been using MD from the very start? I remember starts reading mangas on daily basis in 2018

Dex-chan lover
"The Story of a Manga Reader Site that After Many Trials and Tribulations Reached its 6th Year of Existence!"

Isekaied as a manga site. I'd read a manga like that, just no harem or op mc please.

Users who are viewing this thread