Latna Saga: Survival of a Sword King

Group Leader
I don’t know how exactly I feel about this manga. It’s definitely above average for isekai, but as an overarching manga it’s not that great.

Someone said this is on the level of SL art and storytelling wise, and yeah, I would agree with that.

It sure is subversive but it neither gives any reasons to why it’s subversive nor any sufficient background to the context that makes it subversive, and that’s where its major flaws lie.

It tries to make almost everything mysterious and “shrouded in darkness,” but that’s the problem: mysteries are only good when you know at least a quarter or a third of all possible information and the mystery is the last 75 or 66 percent. You want to be able to solve the mystery by yourself or theorize about it. A mystery where you don’t know shit isn’t a fun mystery.

It’s riding the fine line between making things completely obvious and not fleshing out the world well enough.

Dex-chan lover
would love to continue this, asura has some good TL's going, but the gap in missing chapters. not even going to try it.

Well, this is new story backgrounds

Forcefully called to isekai as invader by some gods and native people fight back those isekaier with help of their goddesses

This is anti-mainstream isekai manhwa

It's premise is good but it takes way to long to get to what the prologue descibes. You'd think it'd be psychologial trauma based with the premise but it takes many many chapters before it really goes anywhere near the subject. Not only that, as other comments describe theres alot of tongue and cheek comedy that further gives the reader whiplash on what the tone of the story is. Nothing wrong with comedy but for so long it's like watching a sitcom or another comedy isekai manga/manhwa.

If you do manage to drudge through it all it's quite enjoyable and has it's moments, but i think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that'll blame you for dropping it.

Dex-chan lover
I ignored this because of the name and only gave it a shot yesterday. This morning I finished binge reading.

This one goes above Solo Leveling on my favorites list. The art is almost as good but the characters are so much better. Not only are the other characters worth paying attention to, they change as the story progresses. On top of that, the story does not get bogged down in edge though things have become serious in the past few chapters (up to 64).

When a man eating tiger 🐅 is on the lose what do you do?
You hire professional hunters but for the tiger it's his nature to hunt what he enjoys, nonetheless there are some "pet tigers", but a tiger will always be a tiger even if you try to stop it.

So do you get it, otherworlders are just natural made to be tigers 🐅 and you need a hunter to kill it even if it a baby lv 20 so as to protect the sheep 🐑 😉 😄 😜 😊

Double-page supporter
Good show, love the MC
BUT seriously Atisse (the trap) & Ephyr (I don't know WHY she couldn't be just a wyvern), wish these characters didn't exist. Annoying as fuck.

I tried to read past ch 35 but I can't

the author holding back MC too much he don't even have any screen time. too much shitty drama that can be solved easily if only MC would be more proactive

It does kinda suck how much the mc is op but doesn't do anything. And when it comes to the mc's important fights he just takes the piss with them when he can one punch anyone and everyone, on top of that when they give a reason as to why he's being docile it's not even a good excuse and the whole plot is just becomes coincidental.

Dex-chan lover
This is in my top 5 favorites right, now. The artist’s style and action sequences are straight dope. The plot is good, too. Other sites are farther along.

Users who are viewing this thread