The Unwanted Undead Adventurer - Vol. 12 Ch. 56 - Beacon of Hope

From what I remember of the novels, this part was just as whiplash-inducing; and for better or worse (mostly better?) was never brought up again afterwards, at least as far as I've read or can recall... :notlikethis:

Not sure why 99% of it couldn't just stay a background slow-burn mystery - up until that point it seemed more in keeping with the pace of the story. :questionblob:

Anyway I did find that it got pretty much back on track after this...

Supporter
From what I remember of the novels, this part was just as whiplash-inducing; and for better or worse (mostly better?) was never brought up again afterwards, at least as far as I've read or can recall... :notlikethis:

Not sure why 99% of it couldn't just stay a background slow-burn mystery - up until that point it seemed more in keeping with the pace of the story. :questionblob:

wait so the novels just completely memory hole this? insane

Dex-chan lover
The plot on this arc is about as good as the entire universe lore I created in my 10 minute shower. One of the first things you learn abouts histories is "show don't tell". This is so bad. Aah, my younger self, who thought, after reading the first 10 chapters, this would be a masterpiece to the end, how I envy your past happiness and pity your future realisation

Dex-chan lover
What is this nonsensical ancient lineage of a demigod plotline? This is right after we find out Rentt was blessed by a spirit.
We already knew he was blessed by a spirit, the thing was meeting that spirit for the first time. Everyone with divinity gets it from some kind of spirit, just that most are just told they got it from one of the major religions and to join them. Since your divinity is supposed to grow stronger the more you know the spirit, that's more of a training arc than a reveal, though it still sets him up to search out their origin.
i think,
all of the problem is solved,
if Lentt "Impregnate" the girls in the village
*especially 2 childhood friend
The whole village is part of the bloodline. Rent isn't even part of the king's direct decedents originally, he was just going to marry in. It's that they are giving up on keeping the secrets and maintaining the roles. The legacy is Rent's problem now.
Unironically everything that's been revealed after the Fairy feels like it came out of nowhere and has no relation whatsoever to anything that came before.

First off, how does he even still have "The Blood of Felt" or whatever his stupid name was? He died and was resurrected as a Bloodless Skeleton, then became a Ghoul which also looks bloodless, and his ascension to vampire was caused by him getting blood from the Vampire Girl. What was she also just coincidentally and conveniently a descendant of this stupid King?

Even if he does still have the Super Special Awesome Amazing Omega Blood where the fuck was all this amazing blood at every other point in his life, in the life of the girl? What they couldn't use their amazing powers to stop a single big wolf? The dialogue in this chapter clearly indicates that both their parents knew about all of this, so what did they just not use this by choice? Just felt like dying and letting their daughter die too?

Plus it fucks with the entire theme of the story which is about a no-luck nobody getting a single shot of power and using his impressive knowledge to grow and improve. GUESS HE WAS AMAZING ALL ALONG and all his previous failures weren't him hitting the natural limits of Humanity and not being able to push past them it was just because he was the weakest Divine Heir ever. Guess he was actually Pathetic. It's just fucking Naruto all over again.

Not to mention this has completely stopped all of the other plotlines we had set up. What's going on with the Dragon? Guess we'll wait. How did he Resurrect? They haven't even taken the opportunity to connect his bloodline to that despite it being the obvious resolution to that question now. Elf Girl in the Dungeon? Who? His relationship with Lorraine? Meh. Vampire Loli? Guess Not. Swordswoman? Who cares. Now we've gotta info-dump the history of an ancient civilization no one heard of before this point and no one cares about at all.

This Arc has singlehandedly taken this Manga from a ~7-8 down to a 3-4.

That's almost Impressively Terrible.
Suppose to be body/genes rather than blood specifically. Even then, in this story, it's less that dragons eat them so much as they consume or rearrange their 'data' or something. Honestly, I don't even remember if the earth dragon eating him again was originally part of the ln or if the data thing is just something the manga version just made up. (nevermind, checked vol 4 of the light novel and the earth dragon ignored him so the data thing is the mangaka just making shit up.)

As for the wolf attack, that was a fenrir, hence the mythril class adventurer hunting it. That would place it in the same category as dragons, basically being demi-gods. The old lady's twin sister was there with them and it overpowered her and killed them all. More so, any of the special combat techniques has to be passed down/taught and I don't believe Rents parents were in any of the remaining lines of succession for that.

As for it undermining the idea of him being a no-luck nobody, that was technically ruined when he became an evolving monster in the first place. I mean, that kinda thing always goes out the window anytime an mc gets any kind of cheat or growth advantage. Now, it's about finding out why and what he is, since even with drinking the vampire blood from the head vampire in Maalt and seeming so much like a vampire with alot of their abilities, he's still technically not a vampire (or atleast he's an unknown kind). So, it's all an ongoing mystery and this is part of it.

As for when this was hinted at or brought up...I actually don't remember if the manga mentions it. Wise king Felt is Rents favorite fairy tale and he talks about it every now and again. They were supposed to have gone over the legend when he and Lorraine were visiting the orphanage and telling the kids stories. Might be a problem with the adaption because we were supposed to already kinda know the story, but not the specifics as well as the fact that the empire Lorraine is from having found parts of the kingdom.

Dex-chan lover
Unironically everything that's been revealed after the Fairy feels like it came out of nowhere and has no relation whatsoever to anything that came before.

First off, how does he even still have "The Blood of Felt" or whatever his stupid name was? He died and was resurrected as a Bloodless Skeleton, then became a Ghoul which also looks bloodless, and his ascension to vampire was caused by him getting blood from the Vampire Girl. What was she also just coincidentally and conveniently a descendant of this stupid King?

Even if he does still have the Super Special Awesome Amazing Omega Blood where the fuck was all this amazing blood at every other point in his life, in the life of the girl? What they couldn't use their amazing powers to stop a single big wolf? The dialogue in this chapter clearly indicates that both their parents knew about all of this, so what did they just not use this by choice? Just felt like dying and letting their daughter die too?

Plus it fucks with the entire theme of the story which is about a no-luck nobody getting a single shot of power and using his impressive knowledge to grow and improve. GUESS HE WAS AMAZING ALL ALONG and all his previous failures weren't him hitting the natural limits of Humanity and not being able to push past them it was just because he was the weakest Divine Heir ever. Guess he was actually Pathetic. It's just fucking Naruto all over again.

Not to mention this has completely stopped all of the other plotlines we had set up. What's going on with the Dragon? Guess we'll wait. How did he Resurrect? They haven't even taken the opportunity to connect his bloodline to that despite it being the obvious resolution to that question now. Elf Girl in the Dungeon? Who? His relationship with Lorraine? Meh. Vampire Loli? Guess Not. Swordswoman? Who cares. Now we've gotta info-dump the history of an ancient civilization no one heard of before this point and no one cares about at all.

This Arc has singlehandedly taken this Manga from a ~7-8 down to a 3-4.

That's almost Impressively Terrible.
Yeah, somehow being eaten and shat out by an ancient dragon, twice at that, and becoming a vampire would have been enough. The fairy part would have been a reasonable explanation for everything on its own, and gave a good backstory. This blew past all of that.

I doubt at least Lett should get angry for his best childhood friend still die with all powerful bloodline but not use it.

Lett not part of bloodline (From marry in), then how he can still remain himself as monster. Maybe he was blessed by a spirit. still ????

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I can feel the axe
*Anime is coming
*Manga and LN together recently passed the 2 Million copies
*Overall Manga Vols reception in different websites is still at "Popular Manga" range even after 11 vols

That being said, the reception has indeed slowed down a bit during the last few months, but it would surprise me if it were to get the Axe seeing how it still enjoys a decent popularity in Japan

Dex-chan lover
Nice to see her act like a scientist again. Top left page 19.

I get the impression that the houses in that city are too orderly, in a way. And some have weird alignments that don't make sense.

How old are Kapitan and Granny?
Not a century older than they look.

Writing was never really great but this is just so weird. An aggressive lore dump with 0 foreshadowing and a random ancient city and civilization out of nowhere.
It's like, "Oh, the MC isn't special enough already. We need more snowflake."

It actually explains more than you might think, like the fact he's retained his sanity even as a monster, if he's a direct line decendant of a being capable of manipulating monsters like that, it's likely in his blood.
Sure, but the execution is very clumsy.

GUESS HE WAS AMAZING ALL ALONG
I think that's the biggest fault. The rest can be summed up as bad pacing, since it's not unlikely they'll show up later after this arc is done or takes a backseat.

for better or worse (mostly better?) was never brought up again afterwards,
For better. It's not needed as far as I can tell. Would've been better to not appear in the first place, though.

Good.

As for it undermining the idea of him being a no-luck nobody, that was technically ruined when he became an evolving monster in the first place.
I disagree with that. The becoming a monster part was after. This is what the all-caps quote I have above is.

People got spoiled with non stop action that Korean webtoon, they are just not prepared when lore is dropped on them lmao.
Don't read that webtoon, and this is infodumping, which is pretty much universally considered bad writing. Although just thinking that just because one webtoon does something, everyone expects the same from a completely different manga is probably the worst argument I've read in this thread, including what people think about the manga's current plot.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee: :meguu:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
*Anime is coming
*Manga and LN together recently passed the 2 Million copies
*Overall Manga Vols reception in different websites is still at "Popular Manga" range even after 11 vols

That being said, the reception has indeed slowed down a bit during the last few months, but it would surprise me if it were to get the Axe seeing how it still enjoys a decent popularity in Japan
Then what is up with the insane rushing and lore dump? I, just curious

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

With how long the lore arc n how short my brain memory, I got lost...
:win: :win: :win:

Users who are viewing this thread