The Villainess Is Adored by the Crown Prince of the Neighboring Kingdom - Vol. 5 Ch. 17

I'm a very dignified person so I'll respect your opinion on Aqua ;)
BUT I WON'T FUCKING TAKE YOUR SHIT AGAINST MY PUN NAME NOBODY GATTA KNOW YOUR GODDAMN OPINION OKAY YOU PEE-FILLED BALLSACK

@Vofuro the thing is if they grew the plants like that, odds are they would suck out all the nutrients from the soil and ensure nothing else would be able to grew up there again (since they are forest fairies not earth ones), there's really little retaliation they could do that wouldn't also slap them in the face back.

This kind of high risk also could explain why they are so stingy with their blessings to the point only Tiara has received them, is a if they care they lose kind of situation, is also realistic, like in families with a problematic sibling and a well natured one ppl tend to cather to the wims of the problem sibling because they are the ones who will be a headache to deal with if not.

But yeah I totally think Aqua should have just dumped his work and talked with Tiara after Aishira left, but again since Aishira is this potential time bomb, talking about her would be akin to talking about a major national security treath without proper clearance (which is the explanation that makes more sense to justify why he acts like he does, he is still just a prince and Tiara is still just his fiancée the king is in his right to be paranoid on any info leaking)

@Teelaish
I love your justifying attempt of Aqua, but honestly, I fear it's just bad writing. He could always tell her he doesn't want to offend Aishira because of her family and her business, but he does not do so. Granted, I think Tiara wouldn't believe him either way, but Aqua doesn't know the extent of her trust issues.
So essentially, either Aqua sucks as a romantic interest and needs to polish up, and at least try to communicate, same for Tiara, or this story needs to be better thought out. Either way, as a couple, I hope both of them will have some character growth...

Also, they are faeries. The energy needed for water to move deadly like a tsunami would be the same for growing terrible plant life, I'd assume. As for nutrients, who says the faeries can't fix that and magically supply that? They made a flower blue for her and created a portal after all, so who knows what their limits are concerning their element. And even if they had to face more backlash than their sea friends - who says they couldn't just substitute the harvest with poisonous plants?
Just saying, I wouldn't want to mess with either faeries...
But I really like your theory that forest faeries choose less human interaction due to the backlash they can receive from their ire. I just doubt the author thought it out that much.

@Teelaish & @Vofuro there's still a big problem in the thought process over the faeries it's that not once the Sea Fairy King was mentioned so yeah Ashira does have a lot of power because she's deeply loved by the faeries but till now it was only said to be the faeries while on the other hand Tiara is loved by both the faeries and their king. It does not make any sense that the sea faeries on their own would hold more power than forest faeries + their king. And this is not my personal opinion I'm being pretty much logical here.

Definitely think there's nothing to justify more than the trope itself. Isekais and romances always have a bit of tension -- that's why afterwards, there's juicy and satisfying resolution. MC despairs, jealousy comes to head, love interest comes to the rescue, all is well.

All that's left to the trope is just covering it up with fluffy world-built points. In this case, it's fairies, and by extension a little bit of politics (fairies like x, so we play nice with x or else consequences).

I'd argue that yes, it's poor writing. But with isekais (and I've gobbled up a bunch in my reading list at this point, this isn't the first with fairies and favor, see A Vengeful Cat), it's just a shallow trope. You don't need to logic the fluff: it's a means to an end just to put the MC in doubts and test the relationship.

Well FOCC, Prince Aqua
You got too much work inside your head. Think for a second, Tiara is favored by the Fairy King, damnit. Like who cares about raging seas? Get that handsome Fairy King to do something, I'm sure he will with how well he favors Tiara🙄

This is why I sometimes hate this kinda trope. You all just needvthat fucking long drama to be dragging along the story, shit.

<spring on chair> <look frantically around>

A CG OF A GENTLEMAN DRIPPING IN WATER AND BEAUTY??!!!
WHERE??!!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nice chapter, I get what Prince Aqua meant by keeping Aishira happy, but seriously, if something as little as giving his opinion of a cake she didn't even make herself (it's her household chef who baked it) can potentially give them significant troubles in their country's seas, then this girl is one serious issue... Are they planning to walk on eggs shells around her forever...? Or until she is mature enough to have better control on her feelings, at least, as not to affect the seas and influence the sea fairies? 🤔

Thanks for the chapter!

Well sure, then make the Fairy King look down on you more. I'm sure that's the better option.

Edit:
oh wait. turns out there is more than one Fairy King. My bad.

Dex-chan lover
Forest Fairy King is a great Fairy King hehehe, but I do wonder about the Sea Fairy King.

Since the sea is more fond of the residents of the kingdom and it's common to get blessings from the sea and have sea produce.
I do think that being favored by the Forest Fairy King too would make for a more bountiful land produce and such.

It's a matter of who's Fairy Kings favor to receive, huh?

Dude, how petty would she have to be to get upset by a man choosing his fiance's cake? It's commonsense, even if the cake was terrible, he'd still have to choose it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Rhiene Shouldn't king of the forest be the source of agriculture and horticulture of the whole kingdom?
Also, I must note that Aquasteed translates into "hippopotamus". I just can't keep it to myself anymore.

@Morsealworth
Waiitt so his name means an animal? Whuutt? Hahahaha now this is fun
Also, that's right he supposed to be the one who should be overseeing all hahahaha

So Does that mean, he's not the true ML? Or am I jist hoping for anither ML? hehehehe

Dex-chan lover
@Morsealworth ; LMAO in German we call it Flusspferd (River Horse). However there is the myth of the Kelpie (Water Horse) which should fit better seeing there is a Fairy King.

Fed-Kun's army
Very well noticed about Kelpie, @Dagger. Still, I just couldn't help but think about the more well-known "water horse" because the contrast gets me in stitches. Also, the most notable trait of hippos is their territorial nature which suits prince's possessiveness well.

Fed-Kun's army
It's just cake maann. Obviously Tiara's would be better since it's infused with magic that heals and such. The other is just made store-bought. Come on now. If the other girl gets upset about this then she's really still a child, right? Which wouldn't be a bad quality per se. Regardless of it being a danger to upset her, Aqua could've just given my reason. Lol, But like I said, it's just cake.

Let’s just all come to an agreement on this chapter; it’s Elliots (though he may have been clueless to it) fault for bringing the question up and putting everyone in the awkward position

Dex-chan lover
You think I'm going to choose some fucking guy's cake over my wife's you must be joking.

No offense to Aishira, top chef is still a baller, just not in the same ball park.

Users who are viewing this thread