The Young Lady Can't Escape From Her Doting Husband ♡ - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The Otome Game’s Season Will Begin, but it’s too Difficult for me who’s a Mob

Double-page supporter
I'll remove the flowers from your petal
giphy.gif

After reading a fair amount of smut i just have to ask ..someone who's asian pls explain.
Is this a cultural thing?
Are girls expected to act all shy and not ask for it and that's why we see it as rapey? Is it off putting or considered promiscuous if you say you want it?

At the beggining I thought it was romantic and there will only be a little of smut things but NO IT WAS DEFFINETLY A CHALLANGE I TOOK UPON MYSELF TO READ. YOU CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE HOW RED I WAS AND HOW MANY TIMES I WAS SLAPING THE LAPTOP

@end1essabyss
So because it's common, we can't be upset and frustrated over untagged rape and assault? "plenty of lovely and sweet R-rated scenes. We will give you a lovely romance with high sugar content!" is what it says on the synopsis — it does not imply "but actually she wants it" rape. And these are otherwise so bland that most people with a rape kink (in their fiction) won't even like it!

@herianca
Not Asian, but: "Women can't enjoy or want sex or it makes them a bad person" is a cross-cultural thing, unfortunately. If you read about old romance novels and bodice rippers in the western world, it used to be super common there as well. It's uhhhhhhh misogyny tbh? And again, that's a patriarchal thing that isn't limited by culture. (Some women even prefer those kinds of stories, sometimes because passively accepting sex and being overwhelmed by the pleasure removes any possible guilt that comes from being an actively sexual being, which only "dirty" and "slutty" people like. There's other reasons why some people are interested in situations like "ravishing" or "nonconsenual consent", which is still very rapey but it's more of a fantasy than literal).

Of course that's for female-targeted smut — I don't want to speculate on why male targeted smut has a lot of rape in it as well 🤢

I've seen an increase in explicitly consensual smut (mostly in BL lmao, I don't read a lot of shoujo or josei smut), so... This anthology was super disappointing. It's like super vanilla and then BAM! I'm more comfortable with rapey shit if it's clearly someone's kink because at least SOMEONE is gonna enjoy it 😅

reu

Dex-chan lover
Moral of the story:
If she isn't willing, dick her until she says yes

@herianca Asian people in the mainstream appear to view that men should be the more assertive in relationships. I can't seem to find it now, but there was an article a few years back about how in either Japanese or Chinese culture, women sometimes purposely act more child-like in order to appeal to the man, because men find it more attractive when they are the more successful, more mature, and more assertive person. It interviewed a woman who said that to help make her partner feel better/more masculine, she would sometimes throw little tantrums, use a whiney voice, and generally act in a way that made him feel more powerful/manly. Something about this behavior likely translates into the sexual fantasy of a woman being more 'helpless' in the face of pleasure/erotic situations while the man retains all the power.

Aggregator gang
Umm...
This is targeted towards women right? I mean I can understand that some people are into this level of... let's politely call it assertiveness as a fantasy, but this is still concerning.

@petra 😂😂😂

Well, rape story 🤢. Clearly a turn off for me. Plus all of theses story just esclate too quickly to be enjoyable.

Dex-chan lover
This oneshot was a mess, feel like I'm missing so much context how'd she know he was reincarnated when they don't seem to have talked much. Why does he know about the otome game plot...was he a dude that liked playing otome games...?

@herianca not just an Asian thing, there's a lot of English speaking people who are like 'women should obey the man of the house' or 'women who sleep around are sluts but men who sleep around are just successful', etc. I think the short length smut oneshots just tends to make people fall back on the old school 'dubcon sexy times trope' to make the romance go hyper fast without montages or gratuitous time skips. Really sucks to constantly see sexual assault used as a fast forward button tho.

Meh, I’ve seen worse rape. At least in this one, she was just making excuses to delay the inevitable since it was already said that she liked Arnold. Also, all the females eventually submitted and even then they weren’t miserable and actually had a “happy” ending. This is far better than the stories of just constantly delaying any romance because of frustrating cliches that make zero sense.
Also, this isn’t really considered rape in my opinion cuz they aren’t in despair yet. I don’t care if it’s “against their will” cuz their faces are faces of reluctance and blush which are not the typical face of ahegao, despair, disgust, and dead eyes that rape tends to give. There’s also usually mind break as well if they have dead eyes.
Meaning that I just think of this as some woman playing hard to get rather than some woman being pushed down and grounded. Of course I can see this being rape, but not with that art and not with the fact that both sides of the parties already have an interest with each other.

I think the big confused for this one is the way the original author has paced and ordered plot points - the mc admits to always liking Arnold literally in the last panel which isn't much of an 'ooooo gotcha' as it could be since there's no lead up to it. If maybe there was a panel or two of them flirting before the main event, it would've been like 'oh they are at least attracted to each other' for the flow to be a little less choppy. I think this short should've either received better editorial marks or been divided into two parts.

Edited for spelling mistakes

Ah what
I was so confused by the whole thing 🤣

**edit

I reread the past chapters and wow
This third chapter is actually the bottom tier for this anthology volume lol

They squeezed in the info so much just to have a window for the smut that in the end it didn’t fully quite make sense.

Awaiting the next one still

Users who are viewing this thread