This Gyaru Will Date the Otaku in 100 Days

title : 100 days

author : ima end at 30

every gyaru fans :
519.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I mean, he had at least three seperate gyaru characters, each of whom got pages to themselves... Which were on the same countdown. So it looked like mr otaku would have been going out with all of them at once.

Dex-chan lover
Lol the mange better be retitled then...

Dud gave up quite easily on his "homage".

I mena the only redeeming quality was the Gyaru character which ar a popular one anyway.

He claimed that the character and story derailed but really it's his fault for not making a precise scenario form the start and just doing such a good collab unprepared...

The story had such a good art style too, wasted on the concept really.

Dex-chan lover
HahhaahahahHAHAHAHA HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT JUST DIED
like no real conclusion or some rushed ending, it just ended.

Dex-chan lover
@Tsukinotaku The 'homage' thing was most likely bs to avoid having to explain the intricacies of copyright laws and freelance artist work. A single drawing like this takes several hours and artist of this level would ask for a considerable sum for each one. This is why the art in manga chapters is often much simpler than their cover artworks and is not colored. Making 30 back-to-back is pretty impressive already. Now factor in that it's free work on Twitter and it makes sense why they stopped. The artist also couldn't monetize it either because the original is based on a V-Tuber's design and he only got permission to post some Twitter artwork.100 days webcomic should have simple art so that they can be updated regularly. Also, they should be fun to work with and not feel like an unpaid job so that the creator stays motivated.

Dex-chan lover
@Yourself This wasn't an artistic achievment, this was bandwagoning a trendy idea with a trendy fetish. That doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the art itself but he didn't even tried to give a it twist or do something creative. If that's how he wants to spend his talent, go for it. But don't give shit to the people who knows what he is doing and is pointing his dick move.

Still, this probably has given him enough spotlight to gain traction and probably there is a bunch of people who are expecting his next work, even maybe some talent scout contacted him. So, yeah, good for him, seed trend, reap attention.

Dex-chan lover
On another note, I was curious as to how Saki Ouga's channel was. I can't tell how many views her livestreams have, but her archives barely crack 10k. She has 31k subs or so? I think? Her own yt channel has em hidden but SocialBlade has the count.
Not only that, but after her debut she put out like two livestreams that had like 30k views or so, and then BOOM it plummeted down. Her most recent stream barely has any gyaru dialects or whatever, it just sounds like a normal girl, and her 2dlive character barely moved...
It was a weird rabbit hole to jump in.

Dex-chan lover
@Yourself I honestly don't even understand how he even thought this would work... The series was doomed to fail from the start, especially since people don't like when artist rely on the 100-day parody to gain attention...

How the fuc is this called an ending...? More like the author dropped or cancelled it and didn’t bother trying to wrap up the end of the story.

Dex-chan lover
@Tsukinotaku Yeah it was a gross miscalculation. However, Japanese people don't take the 100-days thing outside of the original seriously. For them it's just a funny meme like the Virgin Killer Sweater, Boba Tea Challenge, Bowsette, Smash Bros Pupils, etc before. Some invested in this project might be disappointed but they won't rant over it. It's the Avengers/Star Wars meme equivalent for Japanese otaku circles. The current big one now is those looping TikTok videos. If fact, one could argue that these aren't really manga but we're getting them translated because if benevolent scanlators who want to share some of the exotic webcomic-style otaku memes here.

@mug3n It has everything to do with the quality of the art. Failure to see that means a complete black of understanding of the situation and japanese otaku meme culture. The views expressed ninnthis Western forum are in no way representative of what is happening in the mangaka's country. It's like overanalyzing a 9GAG, Reddit or Tumblr meme post and ranting about how the submitter is not making original, high-quality content for free and is instead 'bandwagoning'...

Funny that they stopped with the story, but have been still drawing images almost daily anyway. It's pretty much like nothing changed.

Aggregator gang
So the mangaka scrapped it to redo it (possibly). I'm cool with that! Hope it actually is a re-do and not a new 100 days plot.

Dex-chan lover
@burningknuckle and as of May 31st, Saki's channel is gone entirely. I wasn't able to watch the stream, and couldn't find out any specific reasons for quitting, but I hope it wasn't due to the weird attention generated by this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread