Though I May Be a Villainess, I'll Show You I Can Obtain Happiness! - Vol. 2 Ch. 3 - The Art of Rebuilding a Nation Begins with a Broken Engagement!

Dex-chan lover
first time seeing second ml doing something directly

Dex-chan lover
@Aldis:
https://mangadex.org/title/29179/the-villainess-is-adored-by-the-crown-prince-of-the-neighboring-kingdom
This guy also do something directly after the engagement breaking.

Vol.02 stories are certainly shaping out to be the better written ones. Ugh! This one had potential for world building too. PLUS they have history together!

Fed-Kun's army
Excuse me while I gush at this story. He understood her actions and reacted to it. Now they get to begin their happy life.

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat Ah, indeed. Too bad he's from neighboring country.
While it's fun to see the villainess get what they want, I got pretty tired with stupid prince & his lackeys trope and their redemption scene :'D

I loved how the nobles are people who have backbones here instead of just following the incompetent King and Crowned Prince. This would’ve been a great series.

Dex-chan lover
@Aldis: I mean, if you get tired of that then this anthology isn't for you then, since it's literally about villainesses getting their engagement broken and still find happy end, meaning it'll ALWAYS include at least an idiot who'll break off engagement, even if it's fake or temporary like that tsundere prince vs CHALLENGE ACCEPTED villainess.

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat I'm talking/commenting about the whole general (idiot prince) trope for this genre (isekai/"villain" lady), with implication that the trope getting used too much and things out of the box is getting rare. The same with the South Korean counterpart where the prince almost always dark cold beauty with black hair and iciness and coldness and everything the writer thought to be cool.

For this particular one-shot, it's even rare to have another prince pop out and doing something useful (the most similar thing is the King being the one who use the brain and remove the stupid prince). Even the mobs that support him.

If I didn't know about what you wrote I will never been here.
Also, this anthology is totally for me coz I love princess ladies and lace and dress and their vertical roll hairstyle.

awwww this one was cute as well. The art is amazing, and it makes me wish it was an actual slice of life story so I can see them finally get together.

What a surprisingly realistic ending! I mean, as far as "no riding off into the sunset." This one had real potential to be a longer series - some political drama/machinations of getting noble support, slowly revealing the corruption of the seers, and then a nice slow burn as the country gets rebuilt.

@Xantheosse yeah its pretty refreshing to see nobles that are not corrupted like common troupe. They seem rational and well aware of the state their nation is in, which is good considering they are political leaders.

Dex-chan lover
Yo if history has taught me anything it's that exiled king and first prince are frakking disasters waiting to happened bro. While I love the fluff, this is just really unrealistic.

Users who are viewing this thread