Too many threads

I'm a bit lost in what the objective of creating all those automatic threads is. Most of them have 0 posts and without a link between the chapter and the thread it is very difficult to find them without doing a research.
Thenobjective of a forum is to discuss but it is impossible for me as things are

Dex-chan lover
I'm a bit lost in what the objective of creating all those automatic threads is. Most of them have 0 posts and without a link between the chapter and the thread it is very difficult to find them without doing a research.
Thenobjective of a forum is to discuss but it is impossible for me as things are
They are the threads created as a repository for any comments posted on the chapters in the main site. The threads without posts may be a manga that hasn't garnered enough interest or is too new to have any comments yet or they were uploaded during the period while there was no comment system in place yet. 🙂

Dex-chan lover
The problem is you can create an automatic thread from the main site but are not required to post into it once it's created. And I think a user can create 10 per minute or so?

Group Leader
im lost. what kind of suggestion?

that automatic Mangadex bot is to create a thread for you to talk about the chapter, but theres also an older or newer chapters that doesnt have a thread yet and you need to click it. its based on user interaction for example
Screenshot-20230118-011417.jpg
when you click the be first to comment the bot will create a thread for you to comment on that chapter and that chapter only. its like MAL discussion page where you only talk about that chapter in that one particular thread. @Kdom
I think he is talking about the lastest activity feed.
if hes talking about that then the post cant be zero, unless someone react to new thread without making a post. @_@

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
The threads have to exist for people to be able to post in them, and they have to be created by the bot account to sync up with the main site properly.

Bear in mind there's currently a massive backlog of chapters with no comments that people are triggering, it'll slow down.

Users who are viewing this thread