Torima Minshuku Yadori-teki na! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Supporter
The friend trying to set up the MC with his aunt is, I think, meant to be weird even in-universe, but the most interesting cultural note in this for me is that exchange about calling her either Mom or her name without honorifics, and the guy choosing mom as the less-embarrassing option. Of course, it's tricky to use manga as reference material for a culture (especially given that mangaka are not necessarily the most... normal or typical members of society - no offense, but creatives generally aren't) but if realistic it puts all those "call me by my name without honorifics" "no it's too awkward" exchanges in many rom-coms in a new light.

Contributor
The friend trying to set up the MC with his aunt is, I think, meant to be weird even in-universe, but the most interesting cultural note in this for me is that exchange about calling her either Mom or her name without honorifics, and the guy choosing mom as the less-embarrassing option. Of course, it's tricky to use manga as reference material for a culture (especially given that mangaka are not necessarily the most... normal or typical members of society - no offense, but creatives generally aren't) but if realistic it puts all those "call me by my name without honorifics" "no it's too awkward" exchanges in many rom-coms in a new light.
I wonder which form she used?
Mama or kaa-san or something else?

Dex-chan lover
Finally, something to enjoy with the boiz
YaOfwyS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread