Tozaki-san wa Boku ni Dake Tsumetai - Ch. 5

Aggregator gang
Glad mc's male friend is not just tsukkomi setting up and irrelevant friend a in this manga like so many others, particularly romance/harem. Bro got his own route. Justice for male friend characters!

THIS! THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT! THIS IS HOW YOU INTRODUCE A CHILDHOOD FRIEND THAT REJECTED MC ONCE!
you don't make that childhood friend fall for mc again, that aint making any sense. She rejected him once so don't cause useless trouble between the Main couple by Forcing some sort of Harem. No you take the damn Childhood friend and make her fall for the MCs best friend or some other guy, so we can have two damn couple we can root for and not just one!

Supporter
Reading chapters like this in romcoms kind of makes me wish there was a series from the POV of the best friend/wingman.
I'm not sure it's sustainable from a narrative angle; eventually, the person telling the story has to become the person the story is about. There's No Way A Side Character Like Me Could Be Popular gives it a go for a good bit but, ultimately, gives in to the temptation to make the MC function as an MC. Shimotsuki Likes The Mob tries to tell that kind of a story from the background character's perspective but also can't help making him the focus.

Double-page supporter
Boys, boys boys boys, there are many sinful girls out there. Watch out for them

Please don't let the childhood friend grow a love interest to the MC or vice versa in the future chapters.

I hope the author doesn't create a unnecessary minor drama.

Dex-chan lover
While I am glad that the childhood friend girl isn't a rival, I honestly still don't like her. The way she rather callously rejected the MC, and then so easily brought up something that clearly still bothers him to this day shows a distinct lack of empathy on her part for how being rejected like that would affect him. If she had at least been softer in her rejection, rather than essentially laughing away his confession, it wouldn't have done nearly as much damage and they might have still stayed in contact as friends. She's got a lot to do to make up for the, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread