Training Regimes of the World’s Strongest Women - Vol. 4 Ch. 27 - Invitation

Double-page supporter
As stated in a doctor who quote from the 11th doctors era:
"Night will fall and drown the sun, when a good man goes to war"

Dex-chan lover
So will we finally get to see some assholes being ripped to shreds? Giselle didn't get fucked. Cattlya didn't get fucked. Those two maybe because they were women. Now we have a guy asshole. I want to see people get fucked. So, come on, fuck him up. FUCK HIM UP YOU COWARD!

Dex-chan lover
I'm just waiting for the plot to bite back at Giselle for bullying him in the past. Otherwise, it's just one major open plot hole.
Good luck with that. Cross has forgiven her for everything, including their attempted murder, so nothing's ever gonna come from that.

While it is the other extreme I prefer the Xianxia approach where the smallest slight against the MC often gets reciprocated with death to get rid of a potential future threat.

Dex-chan lover
Here we go, the translators are trying to subtly gaslight the comments into not hating Gisele 🙄 That’s just insane to me, it’s clear they are biased and as translators they feel the need to defend every aspect of the story. An attack on Gisele is NOT an attack on the translators, but obviously they don’t feel that way. Trying to play it off as “haha I don’t really care, it’s just funny to me” is smart but manipulative, let’s be real, you wouldn’t add that part at the end if you just found it funny. However I expect the comments to fall for it and sadly we will be seeing more “um actually I didn’t even think Gisele was that bad this whole time” type of comments. It was refreshing to finally see one manga where the readers share my distaste for the tsundere, but unfortunately that will change here too. Somehow the tsundere always wins in the end, just a crazy phenomenon to me, how can you possibly enjoy a character who shits on the MC 24/7? Don’t tell me because it’s when they admit their love for the MC it’s satisfying, it’s not worth going through all that BS for that one moment. Just admit you have a humiliation fetish and are a masochist or sadist

Dex-chan lover
I
This is definitely a good villain to test the "do you really want to let every enemy live" on. I don't really see any way for this to end except with new villain asshole dying, either as a result of trying to backstab or being purged by his own family for disgracing them.
I think the 3 masters are gonna pay his family a visit and warn them to stop fucking with Cross and the orphans

Aggregator gang
So many people in the comments expecting a bloodbath... You haven't realized what kind of manga you've been reading.
It's not a revenge story, it's a classic "Zero to Hero" story.

It follows the most basic shonen story structure since Dragon Ball : New opponent encountered, training arc, fight, opponent becomes friend, new opponent, etc...

I checked the raws to see what happens next and you shouldn't expect anything new.

MC decides to have a duel with the Trash noble. Noble is stupid enough to reveal is trump card (high speed). Next is training arc with the vampire Onee-San to learn some debuffs to counter Trash noble's strong suit. MC wins thanks to the skill he just learned. Trash noble wants to get revenge. The three masters threaten Trash noble's dad. Trash noble becomes friend with MC.

I doubt the story will ever change its structure any time soon. All of you wanting Giselle to be punished more than what she's already has can wait for a long time. MC already considers her an ally and a friend. Everything that happened before is long forgotten to him.

Dex-chan lover
Why people put fictional characters on the same moral ground of real human will always be a mystery to me

Dex-chan lover
I'm just waiting for the plot to bite back at Giselle for bullying him in the past. Otherwise, it's just one major open plot hole.
It's not a plot hole, it's water under the bridge. She's hotheaded, at times misguided, but has proved herself a good friend and ally to Cross.

Dex-chan lover
Technically serie get published in splits, so comikey just translate the serie like how is given to them, in splits, which is pretty much how alot of the series they do are, though yeah, them doing this in a weekly schedule, just suck for them since they are behind now (given that there haven't been a chapter in 3 weeks by them too lol), though if it ever happen with comikey changing to full chapters (unlikely), probably gonna end in them changing schedule, so gonna end up in the same wait

In the end, everyone is behind raws anyway, with latest chapter being 44.1 with 44.2 coming on the 19th, but at least one of them still working on it at a decent pace and trying to catch up (and for those interested, it started with LN Vol.4 content at 41-42)
fair, but yeah it's just that they continue having prolonged periods where there isn't a new chapter in which this release overtakes them eventually. which is kinda sad and also still funny to me, since either they don't have the manpower, or the JP side has issues sending the relevant files, or something even worse I can't imagine.

Dex-chan lover
I think a lot of animosity directed at the orphans would be eased had the writing for Cross been stronger. The story has weak writing for him and makes him a stereotypical nice guy protag, which means even when he is in the right he shows an unreasonable high level of understanding and kindness to those that have hurt him. The orphanage bullying was intense and personal, so fans wanted to see an appropriate punishment for their actions. But Cross is unable to provide that because he is so subdued as a character. If the story had stronger writing I think more people would be excepting of the current relationship where Cross and the orphans are friends. But without an appropriate punishment/apology I think a lot of readers will continue to harp on the orphans even though clearly the story has moved on and decided they are friends again.

I personally am able to move on and come to start liking the orphans largely because I understand what the story is trying to do and I think the orphans are misguided people not bad people.
Honestly Giselle being a tsundere is just super grinding on this process. I know people go for that shit but I don't. It's like PLEASE EXCUSE ME WE NEED TO INTERRUPT THIS STORY SO SOME LITTLE BRAT CAN BE WHINY ABOUT HER INEXPLICABLE CRUSH ON A PERSON SHE BULLIED.
Like okay he saved her life and did her a solid but
1) She's annoying
2) They have zero chemistry so far
3) Cross, as you said, is a weak character
It would help if they did literally anything except for tsundere bullshit and exposition with her. An apology would be a good start because weepy backstories are trash.

Double-page supporter
Dropped. The plot is just too retarded.
His masters are the 3 strongest people on the planet. Each would rival an entire countrys military. He should be politically untouchable. The only logic consequence that should, and would, in any normal or fantasy world be this:
One of his masters goes to the king of the kingdom, says his vessel the blonde dipshit was bad. He either punish dipshit or his kingdom will be destroyed (or if they live there and protect the kingdom from invasions, threatening to just leave would amount to the same). Now dipshit blondy gets exposed and punished.
It would also serve as an example not to be a dipshit noble for others.

But I am 99% sure MC will take matters into his own hands, defeating the dipshit who then learns from it and becomes an ally in the future. But that is just not how it should or would work. Even if MC defeats him the issue of nobles bad treatment is not brought to attention on a kingdom wide scale.

I think a lot of animosity directed at the orphans would be eased had the writing for Cross been stronger. The story has weak writing for him and makes him a stereotypical nice guy protag, which means even when he is in the right he shows an unreasonable high level of understanding and kindness to those that have hurt him. The orphanage bullying was intense and personal, so fans wanted to see an appropriate punishment for their actions. But Cross is unable to provide that because he is so subdued as a character. If the story had stronger writing I think more people would be excepting of the current relationship where Cross and the orphans are friends. But without an appropriate punishment/apology I think a lot of readers will continue to harp on the orphans even though clearly the story has moved on and decided they are friends again.

I personally am able to move on and come to start liking the orphans largely because I understand what the story is trying to do and I think the orphans are misguided people not bad people.
It feels like there should have been an arc between them trying to beat up/kill Cross, and then the nobles going after the orphans with them being friends and Giselle having a crush. Likewise, rather than being a tsundere, I feel like Giselle should have realized that whatever her feelings are, their personal history makes it so she could not pursue it. Which combined with her hot headed nature, means that she tends to end up coming off as very hot and cold towards Cross. Switching between being honest about her crush (in the moment), and trying to distance herself from it (when she stops and thinks).

An arc where they are awkward, have their punishment (or even save Cross), leading to Cross forgiving them would have been a good bridge to the noble girl trying to beat them up.

EDIT: It is also annoying that they actually did a decent job with excusing the noble girl's BS. Is it still bad? Yes, absolutely, but it is understandable in that situation to be a terrible person to a bunch of orphans with no political backing and do your best to gang press them into your service when it turns out they have some potential. On the other hand, it also means that the dude who tortured her and her servants can't be redeemed, otherwise it turns into a farce.

Hell, this would have been better served the goal of this arc was redeeming the noble girl and her servants, and the orphans pushing her into power over her cousin. Does that have political ramifications, ones that will paint targets on their backs? Yes, and that is why it is a good lead into another arc.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
People sure act real weird and schizo about giselle and the orphans

Dex-chan lover
Checking back in after skipping a bunch of chapters so just to make sure I'm on the right page: A generic Disney villian that was JUST introduced properly just hurt some side characters who like 15 chapters ago were legit trying to kill/severely injury the MC themselves...

Just double checking that nothing I'd actually care about is happening so I can skip the next 15 chapters too.

Dex-chan lover
Dropped. The plot is just too retarded.
His masters are the 3 strongest people on the planet. Each would rival an entire countrys military. He should be politically untouchable. The only logic consequence that should, and would, in any normal or fantasy world be this:
One of his masters goes to the king of the kingdom, says his vessel the blonde dipshit was bad. He either punish dipshit or his kingdom will be destroyed (or if they live there and protect the kingdom from invasions, threatening to just leave would amount to the same). Now dipshit blondy gets exposed and punished.
It would also serve as an example not to be a dipshit noble for others.

But I am 99% sure MC will take matters into his own hands, defeating the dipshit who then learns from it and becomes an ally in the future. But that is just not how it should or would work. Even if MC defeats him the issue of nobles bad treatment is not brought to attention on a kingdom wide scale.
Looking at the direction of the story, I think the author will nerf those masters instead. And somebody will somehow beat them so that MC can save them.

Messy like how Kishimoto nerfed all Bijuu and buffed the Sharingan.

Users who are viewing this thread