Trying to find obscure seinen manga (that had firearms in the story) I read around '06 (or a good Kuudere MC)

Group Leader
It's probably a quite niche and very obscure title. It was a non-coloured seinen series that possibly had hit-men, mercenaries, law-enforcement, or organized-crime from sometime before 2008 or a few years earlier ( I seem to remember reading Trigun, Bambino, and Mirai nikki around that time). If memory serves me correctly it had a character (probably not the MC) that was armed with a pistol that had a drum magazine midway through the story that he used in a firefight (this is the only bit that sticks out in my memory ) and that they used relatively realistic modern armaments with probably little to none by way of near-future-weaponry.
Aside from that I don't have much else to go by other than the art style would be more similar in tone to Until Death Do Us Part than Grappler Baki or Golgo13

Any guesses would be appreciated, been trying to scratch this itch for several years with little success. Bonus: I wouldn't mind an alternate recommendation with a Kuudere as the MC a la https://mangadex.org/title/45252/vi...be-the-hidden-boss-but-i-m-not-the-demon-lord Sousou No Frieren is good too but I need Moaar! Cheers and happy new year fellow mangadex peoples!

Supporter
@Lexical
Probably not but violence seinen with artstyle similar to UDDUP reminds me of this one
https://mangadex.org/title/7531/black-joke

If it's not then do you remember anything at all about the MC(s) or any other details about that manga?

Group Leader
@yatsuki Thanks for the rec, black joke was fun too ( going to have to reread that ) .

As for details, likely not a comedy; maybe the narrative focus wasn't exclusively on just the one character; it's possible that romance didn't really enter the equation. Otherwise, I'm afraid not, I think part of the memory loss was getting busy because I had to move and forgot about it until one ill fated day something triggered a hazy memory of it . The other was that it seemed to be the season for seinen series with firearm combat. Similar to how we're swamped with the Villainess and Isekai genre, there was quite a few such as: Black Joke, Dendrobates, Black Lagoon, Gunslinger Girl, trigun, Battle Royale, and a few others kicking around during that time, so it's kind of hard to sort out which other details may belong to that series.

I've tried, on and off, to peruse mangaupdates trying to punch in relevant keywords pertaining to my vague memory, so the only thing I can think of is that either it doesn't actually exist ( but it seems that's how I first learned about the existence of drum magazines ??) or it's not actually a series with a focus on gun play and the drum-mag pistol combo was such a fleeting moment that the story doesn't warrant making it onto anyone's lists of manga that go "pew-pew" :s

Honestly, the Nuggets or Clippers might win the NBA finals before I "bump" into someone who may know but I figure it's worth a shot. Anything to get that decade long itch scratched XD, open to any guesses at all, worst case I get to reread something.

TL;DR Not school-life, cooking, mecha,
probably not romance , comedy, fantasy/supernatural, or future tech
MC is an adult, set in modern day
art is more 2000's idea of realistic-manga ( like UDDUP, gunslinger girl, but without the funny realistic faces like baki , or the older style like Banana Fish or Golgo)

Banned
Searching for manga with a vague memory of a title and plot is kinda frustrating, isnt it? I can recall a plot, specific interesting panel but damn my luck I cant recall a name of the main casts.

Group Leader
@Baronoflight true enough! At least I’m not searching for an isekai. If this were to happen again to me several years later with a vague but specific recollection of an isekai, e.g. in the middle of story, truck-kun was discovered to be barbie-pink, I’ll probably go crazy

Users who are viewing this thread