TS Eiseihei-san no Senjou Nikki - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Bros they are literally in some WW1 trench warfare shit right now and the horror of it will shook even the most hardened soldiers not just some “pro gamer”.
MC is also physically weak being a kid and a girl on top of it having to keep up with their troop so the stress both physically and mentally would pile up even without the harsh abuses they are receiving from the commander.
And it was said at the start all the so called “pro gamer” knowledge are quite useless in an actual war, also have to follow chain of commands . The fact that MC noticed the grenade being thrown in midst of a shootout , after being basically tasered is already good enough “gamer“ reflex on their part.
Yall need to read something more grounded , not just power fantasy manga anime novel , ffs.

Dex-chan lover
Were they using an american pineapple grenade? Don't europeans have that caber grenade during this period?

Dex-chan lover
Pro gamers just have better awareness and reaction time with the mouse/gamepad in a very controlled setting (you're not dying when your character is dead, you're sitting still in the chair, without any physical fatigue of running around, temperature, stress from having your friends dying left and right) are you thinking people will be as good as the character they played? We won't need a military camp to train soldiers if every pro gamer can become an actual godly soldier.

Also wasn't it established from the very first chapter she realized his pro-gamers skills mean no shit in the actual world?
hmm i guess it is hard for some people..
like removing your helmet (she reacted immediately and even run into them and grab them then shove herself on the front)
then catch it (if you noticed the nade hits near mid of her shield means she could catch that if she wanted to)
and then slam it on the ground.. (coz groud is muddy and it can go deeper if you do that)
this is rather a simple chain of action.. i dunno man.. kekw
this also slots in on the gamer skill "judgment".. doing right move at the right time..
which is why i pointed out the flat shield thing..

when i said "pro gamer moves", im not looking for flashy fancy 360noscope or 420blazing or something

making me think.. maybe he aint a real pro-gamer..

also also yeah... where tf are the other mage medic or even normal field medics??

PS: im esl so i hope you guys understood what was im talking about lol

no beef here, just discussions

Dex-chan lover
for a pro gamer.. he sure dumb for using flat shield and bouncing IN their trench..
and not catching it with helmet, put it down to ground and put up a shield..
or did author forgot that part?
coz i dont remember any chp of him using his pro gamer moves or someshit..
The whole premise of this story, is that "pro FPS gamer skills are worth nothing in real war". It was established since chapter 1. And it's not wrong. Gamers don't have to deal with physical fatigue, the environment, pain, stress, etc. In fact, Touri just remarked in this very chapter, that noticing the enemy grenade was the first (and so far only) time her gaming skills were actually useful. So, no, author did not forget that part at all.

As for the rest of your comment, their helmets are fastened, so its unrealistic to expect Touri could've unfastened her helmet in time to catch a grenade with it. Putting the grenade down and using a shield would've been pointless. We already know Touri's shields aren't strong enough to stop bullets. Trying to stop an explosion from point blank range would be pointless.

Bouncing the grenade into the trench may not be such a bad idea after all. She managed to direct her fellow soldiers' attention to the grenade, getting them to take cover (damage control). As long as the trench isn't perfectly straight, it could be enough to just take cover around the corner. Ideally, the grenade would've exploded outside the trench, but that's where their commander is, and he's kinda their best chance at getting out of here alive, so...

The only weird part is Touri running towards the grenade to cast a shield, when it would be much more effective to run away from the grenade before casting a shield. The force of an explosion decreases exponentially with distance, which means the farther she is from the grenade, the more likely it is her shield would actually be useful.

Then again, this is a very sudden and stressful situation, so it's unrealistic to expect Touri to act perfectly rationally.

Dex-chan lover
Man, i thought they forgot about the fact that mc is an pro fps gamer in her previous life, not that it would give a big advantage to her since shes a medic without a gun after all

Btw the japanese at the bottom of the last page translates to "The next distribution is scheduled for Febuary 23nd"

Dex-chan lover
I'm losing interest in this, tbh. The emphasis on superheroics over tactics just isn't working for me. YMMV :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
hmm i guess it is hard for some people..
like removing your helmet (she reacted immediately and even run into them and grab them then shove herself on the front)
then catch it (if you noticed the nade hits near mid of her shield means she could catch that if she wanted to)
and then slam it on the ground.. (coz groud is muddy and it can go deeper if you do that)
this is rather a simple chain of action.. i dunno man.. kekw
this also slots in on the gamer skill "judgment".. doing right move at the right time..
which is why i pointed out the flat shield thing..

when i said "pro gamer moves", im not looking for flashy fancy 360noscope or 420blazing or something

making me think.. maybe he aint a real pro-gamer..

also also yeah... where tf are the other mage medic or even normal field medics??

PS: im esl so i hope you guys understood what was im talking about lol

no beef here, just discussions
Your problem is failing to understand the context that it's an actual war for her, you severely underestimate the stake of being in battlefield and overestimate your own ability by thinking "She's dumb, why she cannot think as smart as me" when you're just typing safely at home and having a ton of time to think.

Dex-chan lover
Your problem is failing to understand the context that it's an actual war for her, you severely underestimate the stake of being in battlefield and overestimate your own ability by thinking "She's dumb, why she cannot think as smart as me" when you're just typing safely at home and having a ton of time to think.
This.

People are dumb for assuming people will always react instantaneously with the best course of action, in unexpected situations like this. Let alone will always act rationally(Peter Quill's foible against Thanos is a masterful example of this).

Like I don't know shit myself. I have never been in a war or anything close to that.

But I have been robbed at gunpoint 1.5 times(.5=probable but not certain), and robbed/assaulted another.

First was when I was working at a gas station just cleaning the bathroom. One dude comes by with his hand in his Hoodie either with a gun or trying to appear like he had a gun, telling me not to move, watching me while his buddy robbed my manager at gunpoint.

Second was a pizza delivery, where I was having a nice conversation with the customer and suddenly they had me kneel with a gun against my spine while they took everything on me. I learned the importance of never letting someone get beside or behind me at night.

Third was similar, only they straight up slugged me in the face after I couldn't take a $100 dollar bill for their order, running off with the pizza. Leaving me with a mild concussion and a jaw that didn't get its feeling back for at least a month.(also a very brief momentary blackout)

The human brain doesn't always function correctly when adrenaline gets pumping. The first robbery I was calm and just told the guy to chill, while I stayed non-threatening.

The second my lizard/shocked brain had me call my manager first instead of the cops. It was dumb as hell. The me before and after would agree. But I was shaken, shocked, and not thinking straight.

The third I learned my lesson and immediately called the cops, despite being shaken.

Like people can't always act optimally in a damn video game they play extensively for hundreds and thousands of hours from the comfort of their homes.

Yet they can criticize a civilian who essentially was drafted to the front lines with minimal training, is in a shitty situation(weather/environment/health/sleep deprived), on top of nerves and adrenaline surging, to somehow pull some superhero move like removing a helmet, catching fast moving grenade with it and then bury it in mud or something. All in the first time she has ever been in this scenario.

Bullshit.

It's not even like touris action in the heat of the moment was bad. She literally deflected the trajectory of the grenade away from the squad, and heroically is trying to use a shield and herself to shield the shrapnel from her teammates.

It's fiction, I get it. I'm getting a bit more heated than I should over mere fiction.

But damn is it annoying having sheltered idiots make dumb comments critiquing someone for not doing the absolute most perfect action.

It's like a politician telling cops to just shoot someone in the arm or the leg. Or shoot the gun out of the criminals hand or something.

I digress. Minor spoiler, Touri will suffer the consequences and learn from this situation. Very painfully.

Edit: I should reclarify. I don't have a huge problem with people naively critiquing things like that. My problem is when people are so narrow minded that they start treating a person/character like an idiot for not doing the "obvious" thing like their arm chair sitting ass can think of under no pressure and no negative circumstances.

When they are completely ignorant or lazy to even consider the real circumstances and state of mind the character or person are in, even as a consideration.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
smh why didn't Touri do what I thought of and do a 1080 roundhouse kick to smack the grenade back at the grenadier with enough to take his head off before the explosion, some pro gamer.

Dex-chan lover
rip the homie salsa, no doubt he has decided to lay it on the line now

Dex-chan lover
Is taking your helmet to cover a grenade even possible in game? Normally the only move available is just to run and take cover isn't it?

Dex-chan lover
Oh I see. My mistake. I was always more familiar with the stick grenades in ww2 films. Only ever seeing those pineapple looking ones from americans
Stick grenades were mainly used by the germans in both world wars which happens to be the inspiration for the nation MC is fighting for

Dex-chan lover
thing is.. i did.. kinda?
had that Citizens Army Training in Highschool (under a retired army commander)
  • had field training, like following troop lead's exact orders/commands and stuff
  • had field medic subject (which i was qualified)
  • had arms training, like dissembling , maintenance, discipline and marksmanship training (only few qualified had this)
had that Reserve Officer's Training Corps in College
played Airsoft on real fields like army skirmishes would go to under the group of that same army teach in HS vs people with military training for days and actually winning against them from time to time
participated on few military reliefs/assistances (coz my HS teach dragged me to it and i am qualified field medic and do medic things)

so yeah.. not sure about that..

tho i do understand now that she's different.. she never got any semblance of military training at all.. my bad on that

PS: yeah.. i can't escape getting drafted if it happens.. im auto sign-in.. :meguuusad:

thing is.. i did.. kinda?
had that Citizens Army Training in Highschool (under a retired army commander)
  • had field training, like following troop lead's exact orders/commands and stuff
  • had field medic subject (which i was qualified)
  • had arms training, like dissembling , maintenance, discipline and marksmanship training (only few qualified had this)
had that Reserve Officer's Training Corps in College
played Airsoft on real fields like army skirmishes would go to under the group of that same army teach in HS vs people with military training for days and actually winning against them from time to time
participated on few military reliefs/assistances (coz my HS teach dragged me to it and i am qualified field medic and do medic things)

so yeah.. not sure about that..

tho i do understand now that she's different.. she never got any semblance of military training at all.. my bad on that

PS: yeah.. i can't escape getting drafted if it happens.. im auto sign-in.. :meguuusad:
you ever in a real war?

Dex-chan lover
Did a skim on that article but they still get slaughtered regardless. Not because the amount of bodies they have to sacrifice to take a territory but how many times they had to do it on the same territory. Those numbers piles up when nothing changes.
That's the norm when attacking defensive places, I guess. Like Gnauga mentioned, even if the soldiers reach the first trench line, they're still dead meat if they don't get reinforcement.

I think I've heard similar things with Japanese castles in Nobunaga's Ambition cutscene, where after the invader breach the gate, they're welcomed by confusing mazes filled with traps and ambushes. I'm sure it happened with other places too.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's nothing really unique to WW1. Not that it makes the loss of life less bad.

Users who are viewing this thread