Tsuma, Shougakusei ni Naru. - Vol. 11 Ch. 88

Dex-chan lover
I came down a bit hard on Keisuke last chapter, because that was how he was thinking at least on the surface(still intending on his original plan even after learning the truth about the "reincarnation"). People can act in bad ways, but it doesn't mean that is all they have to them.

It's good to see Keisuke starting to come to grips with reality, and start to move forward in a healthier way(assuming the self depreciation doesn't just lead to depression/paralyzation, but is a reflection and drive to move forward). Good to see him move past his own wishes and be the good man he really is.

He isn't there yet, but he has taken the first step in realizing he needs to get to the point he can let Takae rest in peace with a smile without regrets. That living his life in depression and sadness with Mai, was the opposite of how Takae wanted him to live. That he needs to find joy without her.

I mean - if Marika wanted to give up on life, and simultaneously Takae wanted to live, then this exchange is only natural and I had no problem if it was permanent. Bringing Marika back just complicated things way too much. I'd prefer it if it were a real case of reincarnation and not possession. Author just complicated things.

Banned
I mean - if Marika wanted to give up on life, and simultaneously Takae wanted to live, then this exchange is only natural and I had no problem if it was permanent. Bringing Marika back just complicated things way too much. I'd prefer it if it were a real case of reincarnation and not possession. Author just complicated things.
Well he’s a good author because he’s showing the consequences of the soul switch, as we have seen the affect it has had on Chika. I truly appreciate he didn’t write some stupid happily ever after story for smoothbrains

Dex-chan lover
still intending on his original plan even after learning the truth about the "reincarnation"
This is a really strange statement for me to read. I saw Keisuke being conflicted all the way through the arc while he was trying to figure out the situation (quite possibly he didn't want to believe until the very last moment that Takae's possessed Marika and/or couldn't make himself tell the love of his life that she might be a vengeful spirit) in the recent chapters and I couldn't find anything that'd indicate such intents of his after rereading them, because him trying to maintain status quo and all his dramatical frames don't look like sticking to the original plan to me + Keisuke and Takae didn't have a proper interaction with each other until the onsen trip, so she has figured everything out herself and now puts pressure on him to help her get out of Marika.

Dex-chan lover
How could you take the life of innocent kid just like that?
What kid that age know about to decide its okay to give up her life?
What kind of fucked up mind you get there to kill a kid simply cause she say she want to die?

Dex-chan lover
This is a really strange statement for me to read. I saw Keisuke being conflicted all the way through the arc while he was trying to figure out the situation (quite possibly he didn't want to believe until the very last moment that Takae's possessed Marika and/or couldn't make himself tell the love of his life that she might be a vengeful spirit) in the recent chapters and I couldn't find anything that'd indicate such intents of his after rereading them, because him trying to maintain status quo and all his dramatical frames don't look like sticking to the original plan to me + Keisuke and Takae didn't have a proper interaction with each other until the onsen trip, so she has figured everything out herself and now puts pressure on him to help her get out of Marika.
He was certainly conflicted.

But he kept things to himself, even after he learned the fact and had it explicitly confirmed. With no indication of any intention to tell anyone else.

He willfully tried to suppress the truth because he knew deep down that if he accepted it he would have to say goodbye and let go, move on. Something he desperately does not want to do, and hasn't wanted to do since she died.

Maintaining status quo is continuing the planned path. Whether he would 100% follow through down the line is a different story. What matter is his intentions currently, not how he ultimately would react. His desire to sweep it under the rug(even if conflicted),

His reaction to Takae learning the truth, is bitter acceptance because he knows that is the nail in the coffin, with the truth he has been wrestling with and trying to suppress. That he no longer can pretend things will/should continue like they were, and knows things must come to an end(as he knows Takae will not tolerate taking Marikas place, even if he wanted her to).

Takae and him having the conversation is progressing it to the forefront, to air it out in the open. With turning back to status quo, or prior depression both not being an option. And now, reflect properly on how he mistakenly lived his life after she died and helped cause this mess(and resolving to not do that again).

I'm not really good at trying to convey what I am trying to say.

Keisuke is the middle ground between Takae and that other "reincarnation" guy. Takae is kind and empathetic and supportive of others, which is why she very quickly realizes it is wrong. And takes the first available moment to confront it head on, not dragging her feet. Other guy is selfish and tries believes it is his right to keep what he obtained, justifying himself since the other person didn't want it then.

Keisuke is someone who was broken and whose life gains color because of Takae. Who selfishly does want things to return to how they were.
But Keisuke is also someone who also is kind and warm to others.

This arc has been his progression from starting off trying to bury the truth he probably felt deep down and give in to his selfish desire to continue status quo. To him finally beginning to come to terms with the truth, and move forward because it is the right thing to do.

A strong argument can be made that the more time he spent with Takae(who didn't know the truth), the more he would have to accept it was wrong, to the point he would take action on his own(because he is a good person in the end). That his conscience and knowing what Takae would think, and his love for her would overtake his selfish wish.

The whole series is all about the process of grief. Keisuke is extremely understandable why he does and wants the thing he does. Its why it's such a common trope for heroes and villains alike to do almost anything to save or bring back their loved one, with the distinction between the 2 most often being where they draw the line.

I guess you guys are being too hard on Keisuke. He heard the priest, all right, but for what reason should the priest be right about what he though? He just half-ignored what the priest said, until he had more evidences that is.

Dex-chan lover
I appreciate this manga so, so much!

Thank you for the wonderful scanlation!

Users who are viewing this thread