[Mainsite] Turn pages by scrolling mouse wheel won't work under certain conditions.

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
There's a weird behaviour with this setting:
when you reach the bottom of a page, the reader will not go to the next page.

This bug seems to happen on any image fit mode and any page layout, however if you set the image fit mode to "no limit" it works as it should. This bug doesn't happen in certain conditions that I'm not able to tell, basically in some pages it will happen and in others it won't, I assume this has something to do with the image + screen resolution (?)

I'm currently on MS Edge Version 110.0.1587.41 and using a 1336 x 728 monitor.

Lately, I've seen this bug in these chapters:
This bug (sadly) is not isolated to only those chapters.

It's worth mentioning that enabling MS Edge's vertical tabs seem to make this bug worse.

I've been having the same issue and it has been seemingly turning off and on randomly but today I noticed scrolling down to the next page consistently stops working at certain browser zooms and works perfectly at others.

25% good
33% good
50% good
67% good
75% good
80% bugged
90% bugged
100% good
110% good
125% bugged
150% good
175% bugged
200% bugged
250% bugged
300% good
400% bugged
500% bugged

I hope this pattern can serve as a hint towards the underlying issue to someone more tech savvy but if not at least it makes for a decent workaround for users.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Yeah I can reproduce the problem with Edge 122.0.2365.80 by changing to different zoom levels. Also noticed that if the header isn't hidden, scrolling up actually scrolls up when it technically... shouldn't? Hm.

Fair to guess that the problem is simply that something is throwing off the calculation for detecting when the window has been scrolled all the way to the bottom. This is just off the top of my dome but the zooming and image fit stuff makes me suspect some kind of cursed subpixel fuckery or something. Who knows.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
It's a bug in the reader code, the cause being exactly what I suspected: Edge spitting out (what I feel like are) kind of nonsensical values for pixels. Now I'm just... let's say waiting to get a moment of free time to finalize the bugfix and send it.

Users who are viewing this thread