Uchi no Musuko wa Tabun Gay - Vol. 2 Ch. 27.5 - Twitter extra

Group Leader
Not outing someone without their permission ✨ Mom earns another gold star in my book

Dex-chan lover
I’m glad I live in a situation where “(I think) he’s gay.” Is fine to say, and it’s no big deal.
It’s like “he’s Jewish”. It’s just a thing you are that does bother some dickheads, but fuck them.
In other places it’s not so easy.

I’m a Jewish lesbian, and it’s bomb.

Dex-chan lover
Eyyy! Good on her, honestly. Not outing someone is the right thing to do!! Ya never know the sitch, it's not always safe.

Also tbh good on the dad for being secure about his relationship. You really get the sense he's a good dude who just needs to shake off some bigoted habits.

Dex-chan lover
@Thrembs Well, at least you don't have to ask if they're kosher...Or cut...

Technically that might be following the Torah

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane
Well, that took a turn a should have expected 😂
Now I’m thinking of when Y-Love was a guest on OMGWTFBIBLE. It went interesting places. I think it was parasha Bo? Snakes eating snakes... yeah.
Neither Moshe or the sorcerers had any reason to be circumcised 😝
Anyway, it’s hilarious.

Some drash I’ve found:
I go to a Conservative shul, and one of our rabbis is openly gay. Iirc the Rabbinical Assembly says the Leviticus shenanigans is that it’s referring to a type of ritual prostitution allegedly practiced in ancient, pagan Palestine. There’s something kinda like that in Deuteronomy I think? I got hung up on how the Targum deals with deut 22-23 so I was all “later for that”. Onkelos seems to think that’s about women going to war and the reverse, and a war (which never happened as described irl) is about to be waged. Not about cross dressing.

The Talmud only ever spoke against lesbian sex as a “fence” because it’s not mentioned ever in the text.

Rashi always seems pick the most chauvinistic interpretations in contentious areas. Jewish cishet men are the best, it seems. Also his font looks like Klingon and I hate it.

As you can see I’m really queer, really Jewish and I have a LOT of free time! 😂 😂

Dex-chan lover
It's good on her that she knows not to blurt that kind of thing out to any old who.

Dex-chan lover
I have had talks if someone is in the LGBTQ+ as many are able to "find" each other so this confused me at first. It was until I remembered that the father wasn't the most..... Erm..... accepting person. The mom does love her but she knows it will take a bunch of time until her husband can accept them.

I love that she doesn’t out other people because it’s a really big thing if somebody comes out or is openly lgbtq+ and the best thing is to respect their privacy and keep quiet unless they say it’s okay to share.
This mother djjsndkanxjssn she’s amazing. I aspire to be like her

Dex-chan lover
I often hear women say something like "Why are so many hot guys gay?" but a lot of gay guys seem to have feminine features and effeminate traits. Just the same as ANY male creature can sniff out a female among a group of men, tell the sex of a person based on physical traits. These are like evolutionary tactics for survival. I've kinda pondered another thing where in I wonder if straight, gay, bisexual or w.e have different rates of negative recessive genes.

Double-page supporter
@Liquidxlax
That's almost certainly selection bias at work, plus a dose of cultural norms (as in, "gay guys are supposed to be like this"). It's unlikely that anybody has proven a statistically significant correlation between intrinsic feminine traits and male homosexuality. Same goes for masculine traits and female homosexuality.

Dex-chan lover
@PyroclasticFlow well sure it is, but I'm not saying that all gay guys are attractive or have feminine features. All i'm saying is there seems to be a bit of correlation. The other thing is that a gay guy is far more likely than a straight man to care about fashion, skin care, hair care and all that. They are more likely to focus on their looks compared to a straight man. A straight man generally pretties himself up when he is trying to impress a woman. Gays are far fewer in numbers so they need to be looking for other gay guys all the time in a sense which would give them a reason to always look their best.

Double-page supporter
@Liquidxlax
Exactly, because the societal pressures on gay people are so different than for straight people, it's next to impossible to determine some sort of genetic component for those traits while removing all societal effects. It'd be like trying to figure out if there's a genetic predisposition for straight american men to enjoy football. How do you remove the societal impact and study purely the genetics?

Users who are viewing this thread