Until I Become Me

Group Leader
So the title is... taking a boyish way of saying "I" / "Me" and a feminine way of saying the same thing?

Dex-chan lover
Maybe "Until he becomes her" would be a better title? It's third person but at least it makes more sense.

Group Leader
The ecchi tag should be removed, there's no ecchi in this series and all depictions of nudity and the like are pretty non-sexual in my opinion.

Oh. Well. I wasn't expecting a serialization of this to go up so quick. But, here we are.

Contributor
I like GB for funny reasons but I have mixed feelings about this... It's so depressing and triggering but interesting at the same time, lmao.

Contributor
I agree an ecchi tag has literally no place on this. Not all nudity is sexual and this sure as hell isnt

Fed-Kun's army
I almost missed this becoming serialized! why can't both be posted under the same title? how many oneshots have i pressed follow in hopes to know when they get serialization and missed because of putting the same series in two different locations?

He was roughly 8 years old when this happened. Kids do shitty things at that age. I bit my baseball coach's wife when I was at that age. I've had an 8 year old punch me in the face completely unprovoked. He isn't some monster who deserves karmic justice, he just needs some parents who can gently discipline him.

This is an interesting manga but honestly it bothers me how strongly it pushes gender stereotypes. Like 'oh now that he has the body of a girl he should like so and so' or 'that as a boy he should be like this'. The mum is treated as a sort of antagonist for remembering the interests her 'son' had and for giving him the opportunity to still present as masculine if he wants to. Just because his body changed doesn't mean that interests and personality do as well. You can still present masculine as a female and you can present feminine as a male. It has nothing to do with sex.

But I get it, Japan is an extremely traditional country in comparison to many other countries with varying gender representations and orientations so I don't really expect much.

@K00K13 I think there's also the "misguided kindness" trope where your family/environment actively wants to help/being supportive but only manages to make things worse.
Though, I agree with you as it's something I would expect from Japan and overall their lack of awareness.

Users who are viewing this thread