Ura Baito: Toubou Kinshi - Ch. 146 - Toy Store Staff ③

Dex-chan lover
While i think there’s a definite possibility of something like that happening, i don’t think it’s very likely to happen more than once, if at all

Sure, encounters with greys cause strong feelings, but on the occasion where you live long enough to know what killed you, those feelings are often fear and confusion. The kind of rage and resentment that tends to lead to these things can’t really be built up over the few minutes a typical person’s encounter with them lasts. You might be right in that in large enough numbers it might add up, but again, you’d have to have hundreds if not thousands of people absolutely furious with the thing that ended them, and if that’s the case, the rage is usually an effect of the object or entity in question, and those feelings likely are used to fuel itself instead.
I agree. If not done right this could be belittling the phenomenon that our protagonists are dealing and make it not creepy/scary instead.

And, as much as I/we would like to chart a rule a la resentment breeds something, the only rule that applies is whatever the author wanted to write it will come about; obscurity on details is part of the mystique, so even if something like this, as we thought, was the case it might not even be clear.

Dex-chan lover
Adults who have already worked in the service/hospitality industry can smile through almost anything...

Dex-chan lover
Ooooh, this one was cool, if a little conventional. The twist that the mascot was the manager and the real manager was dead all along—that twist actually returns the story to conventional mascot horror, where the mascot comes to life and does bad things. However, the fact that the mascot gets beat up and the story turns into a commentary on mascot horror itself (impermanent) makes up for it. And then when a new mascot shows up at the end, well... yeah. There will always be a Garten of Banban, a Baldi, a Poppy, a Bendy, a Freddy Fazbear. It's the zeitgeist, the specific mascot matters little.

Gaucho is dead, long live Ponky.

Users who are viewing this thread